• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman Making Moves

Saca312

5 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

It’s very telling that you have a problem with someone asking for respect. I guess that’s why you’d get so upset when some players voiced their displeasures with the old regime. How do you let folks treat you @frash.exe? Who hurt you? I couldn’t imagine letting someone talk to me any type of way, but hey, you do you.

And you right, I will respond to any disrespect. 

but i’m not finished; i have testimonials

”i talked to aggielean a certain way he didn’t appreciate while we were debating about gettleman’s selection of soaps he provided to the players in the showers contributing to our 6-10 season and he came at me swiftly. i wouldn’t recommend it.” - pantherclaw

15 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

ok listen up everybody, you better treat this guy on the internet with the respect he commands, otherwise he’s going to come at you and so forth

It's interesting that you would vehemently take such issue with someone asking for respect. You've spent the past several months bullrushing into any thread with perceived disrespect toward Gettleman and promptly began lobbing torpedoes and insults in every direction.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's interesting that you would vehemently take such issue with someone asking for respect. You've spent the past several months bullrushing into any thread with perceived disrespect toward Gettleman and promptly began lobbing torpedoes and insults in every direction.

WHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHGETTLEMANGETTLEMANGETTLEMANGETTLEMAN

^every thered post

2 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

WHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHWHATABOUTYOUFRASHGETTLEMANGETTLEMANGETTLEMANGETTLEMAN

^every thered post

Caps lock huh? Now we're really kicking things up a notch.

Speaking of bad asses...

17 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Caps lock huh? Now we're really kicking things up a notch.

Speaking of bad asses...

if you’ve got something in your utility belt of quips that doesn’t have to do with making a point about hypocrisy i’ll be impressed

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/alec-ogletree-12310/

You sure?  Check out the cap hits.

Yeah, my mistake, I was looking here:

https://overthecap.com/player/alec-ogletree/2211

And for some reason was only looking at salary, when the fact is he has roster bonuses coming to him in 2018 and 2019 which makes the total package higher.

They can still cut him after 2018 for savings on the salary cap if he doesn't work out.  2018 is the only season they're tied to him.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Yeah, my mistake, I was looking here:

https://overthecap.com/player/alec-ogletree/2211

And for some reason was only looking at salary, when the fact is he has roster bonuses coming to him in 2018 and 2018 which makes the total package higher.

They can still cut him after 2018 for savings on the salary cap if he doesn't work out.  2018 is the only season they're tied to him.

Accurate, if he stinks they can cut him for nothing....would hate to see that if I'm the GM though.

My guess....if he plays well, he would tear this deal up, and sign a brand new one after 18.  Who knows though, good player, not so good contract.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Meanwhile, he and the rest of the Dave Gettleman fanclub litter the Panthers section complimenting the GM of another team because "reasons".

I got caught.  I plead guilty.

I am always guilty of the crime of defending people who are unfairly criticized.

You got me.

It's hilarious how from post to post depending on the person in question the salary cap goes from literal impending doom to being no issue at all.

10 million dollar cap hit for Hurney? LOUD NOISES.

10 million dollar cap hit plus trading away 2 draft picks for Gettleman? Brilliant!

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Accurate, if he stinks they can cut him for nothing....would hate to see that if I'm the GM though.

My guess....if he plays well, he would tear this deal up, and sign a brand new one after 18.  Who knows though, good player, not so good contract.

I think he's a good player as well.

If he reverts back to his 2016 form when he's back playing in the 4-3, he might even be worth the contract.  His average salary of $10.5M would put him fourth on the list of highest paid OLBs.  If he plays at a level good enough to be 2nd team All-Pro, is fourth highest an unreasonable salary?  If a team has the cap space to absorb it, probably not.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:26 PM, Jon Snow said:

It didn't seem to help the guy that actually did draft them, just saying.

I’m not a Hurney fan by any means. But we weren’t losing games because of roster construction. We were competitive in every game we played. We were losing games because we had a rookie head coach who was on the verge of getting fired even when Gettleman got here. I’ve always said and will always say that the biggest reason for our success over the last few seasons was because of the maturation of Ron Rivera as a head coach. The reason why that success was inconsistent was because of Gettlemans desire to completely overhaul positions to save a dollar. But when you look at the people that have carried this team over the last few seasons it’s been Hurneys Guys. Gettleman did some good things. Hurney did some good things. But collectively they’ve failed to build to win back to back winning seasons. 

Archived