• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tidbits from my source

Snake

On 3/18/2018 at 11:18 AM, micnificent28 said:

To many knee jerk reactions to samuel. It’s been one year and everybody saying bust and they done with him lol. Fact is he’s the most talented WR on the roster. Chill out and let things play out.

Uhh, I would NOT say he is most talented WR on the roster.  The "I just lost track of the ball" in the Bears game or the 3 yard kick return to the 14 were blatant rookie mistakes.     I had a ton of hope for Samuel, but mostly what he's done is disappoint.  I'm hoping he heals and plays better.

14 hours ago, Manther said:

Uhh, I would NOT say he is most talented WR on the roster.  The "I just lost track of the ball" in the Bears game or the 3 yard kick return to the 14 were blatant rookie mistakes.     I had a ton of hope for Samuel, but mostly what he's done is disappoint.  I'm hoping he heals and plays better.

I would say he IS. We see what funchess is and that’s solid wr/maybe a 2. No one else on the team can say they have his upside legit 4.31 speed,the ability to make people miss and for not being a full time wr til this year I think his hands are pretty good. Are there hiccups and mistakes like you mentioned sure. But your kidding if you say anyone else has talent.

10 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't know how it can be argued that Samuel is the most talented receiver when he's barely been a receiver. He has potential but he has to do it first to claim any sort of crown.

Of course it’s all hearsay and everyone has there own opinion, and in mine.. he is the fastest(Byrd’s 40 wasn’t electronically timed) he runs pretty good routes right now and for a guy who wasn’t a Full-Time wr til this season he has pretty good hands. Not to mention he basically can do everything CMC can do with better ability to make defenders miss.  That to be says he’s the most talented. Not the best, but most talented.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:18 AM, micnificent28 said:

To many knee jerk reactions to samuel. It’s been one year and everybody saying bust and they done with him lol. Fact is he’s the most talented WR on the roster. Chill out and let things play out.

14 years trying to replace Muhsin...and now 5 years trying to find a "replacement" for Smitty.  I've given up, the Panthers are cursed at WR...

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I would say he IS. We see what funchess is and that’s solid wr/maybe a 2. No one else on the team can say they have his upside legit 4.31 speed,the ability to make people miss and for not being a full time wr til this year I think his hands are pretty good. Are there hiccups and mistakes like you mentioned sure. But your kidding if you say anyone else has talent.

Talent is what talent does.  His catching percentage sucks.  He's hurt because he didn't catch a very catchable ball.  He cost us 7 points against the Bears because he couldn't catch the ball. An uncontested pass that hit him right in the numbers.   He made Ginn's old hands look awesome last year.  I don't mean to knock the guy, but he has shown no signs of being the "Most Talented".    Maybe next year, but definitely not last  year...if he plays much.  Now you could argue that he is the most talented injured reserve wr, but last year, even Byrd PRODUCED more.  The mini-butt catch was a tough contested catch.  Byrd just needs to adjust his routes because he has no YAC.   A little longer route and we'd have a couple of more first downs.   

1 hour ago, Manther said:

Talent is what talent does.  His catching percentage sucks.  He's hurt because he didn't catch a very catchable ball.  He cost us 7 points against the Bears because he couldn't catch the ball. An uncontested pass that hit him right in the numbers.   He made Ginn's old hands look awesome last year.  I don't mean to knock the guy, but he has shown no signs of being the "Most Talented".    Maybe next year, but definitely not last  year...if he plays much.  Now you could argue that he is the most talented injured reserve wr, but last year, even Byrd PRODUCED more.  The mini-butt catch was a tough contested catch.  Byrd just needs to adjust his routes because he has no YAC.   A little longer route and we'd have a couple of more first downs.   

Key Difference: Talent refers to the natural aptitude or ability to do something. On the other hand, skillrefers to the ability which is acquired by training and practicing. Only a limited number of people are bestowed with talent, however, anyone with the right potential and will is eligible for learning a skill

Archived