• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tidbits from my source

Snake

Talked to a guy I know within the organization and he touched on a few topics. 

Said the Breeland injury was a shock and that he had a major infection and needed surgery. He said the kid would be out for quite awhile. He also said there was a rumor that even before the injury he planed to let the Redskins to match or offer more for his services al la New England. This would explain why he was upset. It more than likely kills any chance of him cashing in with the Redskins. 

He also said that we offered Oakland a 5th round pick for Crabtree but he wasn't really keen on moving to the east coast without a huge offer and Oakland was wanting a bit more to move him. 

Lastly he said that Samuel was far from recovered from his injury and probably will miss most of training camp and will likely be on Pup for the season opener. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, that makes 0 sense. If released they get no compensation and I’m pretty sure they’d take a 5th even if Crabtree would be upset about going East. 

That's what I'm saying. Nothing about that proposed scenario makes any sense at all from the Raiders perspective. Now, I could see the Panthers balking on their offer after finding out from Crabtree's representatives that he didn't want to be here.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would the Raiders care if Crabtree wanted to move east and why would they be wanting more than a 5th in a trade when they ended up getting nothing?

And the whole moving east thing makes no sense. He moved east for less per year than the deal he had with Raiders. 

3 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Samuel has bust written all over him. 

I'm not ready to call him a bust, but when a guy who is as raw as he is can never get any meaningful off-season work in, it's a lot harder for him to progress. I was really looking forward to seeing how he'd look after actually getting a full NFL off-season of work in but that's not going to happen.

Archived