• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MLS

Ja  Rhule

Dude.. if you ever get the chance to make it to an Orlando game, you'll be amazed at the atmosphere. It's easily one of the most exciting and "all-in" sporting venues I've ever been to in my life, topping any football game I've ever seen in person. It's totally exciting for the entire 2 hours, and the place is nuts for hours before and after the game, and a TON of fun to go to.

Glad to see the quality of MLS is starting to catch up to the excitement of it.

1 hour ago, Raskle said:

Dude.. if you ever get the chance to make it to an Orlando game, you'll be amazed at the atmosphere. It's easily one of the most exciting and "all-in" sporting venues I've ever been to in my life, topping any football game I've ever seen in person. It's totally exciting for the entire 2 hours, and the place is nuts for hours before and after the game, and a TON of fun to go to.

Glad to see the quality of MLS is starting to catch up to the excitement of it.

It was... Kreis is running the team into the ground and the average fans are starting to elect to spend money elsewhere. Now the supporter section is the best in Major League Soccer in my opinion (biased as an OCSC fan) but outside of the supporter section the stadium has been quite empty in recent weeks. Now we got a fantastic win against the Timbers yesterday but there were A LOT of empty seats.

I think the OCSF fans are some of the best in the MLS but just like any other scenario, if the team isn't winning, the average fan isn't coming.

• 3 weeks later...

Kreis is basically the new Preki...an all-star MLS player who had initial success as a coach in lucky circumstances and thus will get six more coaching gigs in the league and stink the joint up each time. (Complete assh*le in real life as well.)

The league has gotten significantly better even just over the last few years.

And if you look at the progress since the beginning, Jesus Christ. I remember watching guys like Darren Sawatzky play back in '96...there were a lot of guys who genuinely seemed like they had not seen a soccer ball before. I remember watching one game where a guy on the MetroStars took a corner and put it over the opposing sideline - twice. There were a lot of players back then that seriously would not cut it at a D-I program today. The growth has been a beautiful thing.

Archived