• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

C'mere bby grl, let me talk you off that ledge.

Rags

Alright so I'm gonna offer my post draft analysis and maybe, hopefully, calm some of you guys down.

I personally love this draft. Because of how top heavy this draft was at QB in an already top heavy class, a lot of players fell out of the top 10 that really should've been taken higher, players on boards start slipping through the cracks. Hell, Bradley Chubb fell to 5, that's INSANE. Our WR coach went on to say "In my wildest dreams, I didn't expect both Ridley and Moore to be at our pick." 

I think Hurney did the right thing sitting still. He did kick the tires on trading up for Derwin James, which I honestly wouldn't have minded, but we got Moore who, honestly I think has the best upside out of the WRs in this class and can turn into a very good WR.

Many, many people look at 40 times, and they should, but weight is also just as important, but Moore's frame is what makes him special. At  6'0, 210 pounds he ran a 4.42. .1 seconds slower than Ridley, despite being 21 pounds heavier. Moore has the size to play outside and take the hits over the middle, he has the speed to develop routes and create separation, all while being able.to come in day one and do what Samuel's does, but bigger. It would not surprise me if we try to trade of CSam.

Plus dude got blessings from Smitty like. Come on.

As for our #2 pick, Donte Jackson, he may not be a "starter." But he will be playing. A lot. Remember how Ted Ginn fuged us in the mouth? What about Chris Goodwin? Or that other time Ted killed us but this time in the playoffs. Speedy guys were our bane last year. Now we got a guy who can keep up with them step for step, and as an added bonus, he's physical enough to line up with bigger WRs in the slot and sometimes outside. He's also a looot better in man than Worley ever was, now we're not forced to always play zone, as all of our CBs are functional in man now (as well as our new FS but I'll touch on that later.). I'd also argue Bradberry is better in man from what we've seen. Don't forget we still have Seymour, who is solid depth. Our CBs have turned from eh to very well rounded. 

I also want to point out LSU fans love him. He played everywhere in the secondary for him, FS, SAS, wherever needed. That's what we're getting with Jackson. Now we're the ones who can create mismatches with 

Our third round pick, Dashaan Gaulden, honestly, I think can be a Kamara like steal. I love this kid, in all honesty.

Let's start off with how we'll use him. Remember when Colin Jones started at FS for us against the Packers, and it worked? Imagine that, but with a bigger, more physical player. He's not a 4.6 guy on the field, just looking at his highlights and I could tell that. But if you want conformation.

"Along with football, he also participated in track and field and was named an All-American after finishing fourth nationally in the 4x400 relay. "

He also played saftey in high school. He said himself he played Nickel at Tenesse to get any playing time in his introductory conference. W

Have you watched that press conference, by the way? Holy poo this guy already sounds like a Panther player.

This interview, revealing his knowledge of defensive awareness from playing nickel, and his maturity and team first mentality he's showing here, alongside how Tenesse's coaching and player usage was horrible when manned by Butch Jones, is why I think he'll be an absolute steal. Kamara was a gem Tenesse never used properly. And Gaulden has all the signs of being a similar player.

Finally, I think he brings an attitude and edge with his on the field presence. He's a hitter on the field, and he brings youth and that kind of "civil disobedience" the younger players can really behind and get fired up about. I honestly think he's gonna be a fan favorite in a year or two.

On to our fourth round picks, Ian Thomas and Marquis Haynes, both of whom are gonna be role players day 1 with the potential to be more. Thomas is gonna compete for TE #2 and probably win it, he's already better than Dickson based on blocking ability alone, and has the upside to be a better receiver.  Haynes is gonna be our Bruce Irvin, just gonna be a pure speed rusher. Sometimes he'll stand up, other times he'll be a DE, but you be your ass he'll be in on third down. We'll develop his run stopping and probably teach him some coverage, but more pass rush is never bad.

Everyone Else is depth? Pretty much. Basically first dibs on udfa at this point. I can see Carter Getting a spot, seeing as he can do Shaq's job in case of emergency, as well as be a special teamer, as opposed to Smith who will probably be based on special teams alone. Norton will be competing to be our 5th DT, and that might not get him a spot. But overall solid value in the late rounds.

This draft has the possibility to be REALLY good for us. We covered a lot of holes with some promising young talent. We have 5 players who can come in and make this team better day 1. Our worse holes are at RB #2 and LG, both positions we can handle in FA or possibly a trade, but major holes, like a playmaker on offense, as well as speed and talent in our secondary have been addressed. We added a TE #2 and added more pass rushing depth, both things we all knew we needed. We added solid veterans in Torrey Smith (who at this point all we need him to do is go deep.), Ross Crockrell and Dontari Poe. On paper we're looking really damn good.

But thats on paper. This isn't Madden where you have ai who are gonna play up to their stats. There's are humans, who have emotions and trails and struggles. Some may not work out. Some may get injured. Some may just flat out suck.

But as a Panther fan, I'm excited. No we didn't get garunteed pro-bowlers at every pick, but I think we got 5 players who make us better day one. Sure these players have flaws, but what player doesn't. Even our best two players, Cam and Luke, have very obvious flaws. But what these new, young players bring to this team and can make us as a unit outweighs those flaws.

But, also, as a football fan, I'm SUPER excited. I'm excited to see these players go. To grow and develop and succeed and fail. To see everyone's reactions and the storylines ahead. I'm excited to see the Rams meltdown that will happen halfway through the season (and tbh this couldn't have happened to a better team.), I'm excited to see the new QBs, the teams who got players I liked, to watch the Falcons misuse MORE offensive talent because obviously, Sarkisian's issue was the lack of offensive talent on the team. I'm excited to see the poo talking and crow eating this draft brings. Just, to sum it up

I'm excited for the future of football, which in all honesty, I think makes this a wonderful draft.

tl;dr: Panthers 2019 SB champs.

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Alright so I'm gonna offer my post draft analysis and maybe, hopefully, calm some of you guys down.

I personally love this draft. Because of how top heavy this draft was at QB in an already top heavy class, a lot of players fell out of the top 10 that really should've been taken higher, players on boards start slipping through the cracks. Hell, Bradley Chubb fell to 5, that's INSANE. Our WR coach went on to say "In my wildest dreams, I didn't expect both Ridley and Moore to be at our pick." 

I think Hurney did the right thing sitting still. He did kick the tires on trading up for Derwin James, which I honestly wouldn't have minded, but we got Moore who, honestly I think has the best upside out of the WRs in this class and can turn into a very good WR.

Many, many people look at 40 times, and they should, but weight is also just as important, but Moore's frame is what makes him special. At  6'0, 210 pounds he ran a 4.42. .1 seconds slower than Ridley, despite being 21 pounds heavier. Moore has the size to play outside and take the hits over the middle, he has the speed to develop routes and create separation, all while being able.to come in day one and do what Samuel's does, but bigger. It would not surprise me if we try to trade of CSam.

Plus dude got blessings from Smitty like. Come on.

As for our #2 pick, Donte Jackson, he may not be a "starter." But he will be playing. A lot. Remember how Ted Ginn fuged us in the mouth? What about Chris Goodwin? Or that other time Ted killed us but this time in the playoffs. Speedy guys were our bane last year. Now we got a guy who can keep up with them step for step, and as an added bonus, he's physical enough to line up with bigger WRs in the slot and sometimes outside. He's also a looot better in man than Worley ever was, now we're not forced to always play zone, as all of our CBs are functional in man now (as well as our new FS but I'll touch on that later.). I'd also argue Bradberry is better in man from what we've seen. Don't forget we still have Seymour, who is solid depth. Our CBs have turned from eh to very well rounded. 

I also want to point out LSU fans love him. He played everywhere in the secondary for him, FS, SAS, wherever needed. That's what we're getting with Jackson. Now we're the ones who can create mismatches with 

Our third round pick, Dashaan Gaulden, honestly, I think can be a Kamara like steal. I love this kid, in all honesty.

Let's start off with how we'll use him. Remember when Colin Jones started at FS for us against the Packers, and it worked? Imagine that, but with a bigger, more physical player. He's not a 4.6 guy on the field, just looking at his highlights and I could tell that. But if you want conformation.

"Along with football, he also participated in track and field and was named an All-American after finishing fourth nationally in the 4x400 relay. "

He also played saftey in high school. He said himself he played Nickel at Tenesse to get any playing time in his introductory conference. W

Have you watched that press conference, by the way? Holy poo this guy already sounds like a Panther player.

excited for the future of football, which in all honesty, I think makes this a wonderful draft.

tl;dr: Panthers 2019 SB champs.

Fugging clap ✊ 

Round 1:  starter at WR

Round 2:  starter at corner maybe nickel/slot

Round 3: special teams and moves to Safety. Eventual starter in 2018

Round 4:  TE2 and ST

the rest will work to get a hat for rotation and ST.  

It was a solid draft IMO. Did it address everything we wanted? No but I think we grabbed talented players that the team could use.  

Archived