• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Steve Smith

Panther_Fan

Was to lose the faith in Panthers and some reason or another he wanted out(or got kicked) and got out of Carolina. How would the Fanbase react. I would say most part it would almost be like everyone ignoring NE for cheating and letting them keep their super bowl rings. I personally would kick the Panthers to the curb as they have done with many good players for speaking out the truth.

Remember the title to this forum. WTF!!!![/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya.

Wow you're a Panthers fan and you would kick them to the curb for not kissing one player's a$$? Yeah the organization leaves me scratching my head far more than I would like, but I'm 110% devoted to this team win or lose, stupid or smart. They're my team as long as they stay in Carolina.

There you go. Now that what a true Panthers fan sound like. :thumbsup:

Ok, I'll bite...

If Steve were to loss faith in this team and want out, then I wouldn't mind trading him in the offseason. We could command a kings ransom for him, and probably receive it. We'd get at least a 1st, and that would go a long ways in building toward the future.

Steve Smith has been my favorite player since I began watching football as a kid. However, he is no longer the most important player on the team. We have proven in the past couple seasons that we can win without him contributing significantly, and I think we would get along just fine without him considering that he is being completely wasted in our offense. The fan base would certainly miss the heck out of him, but they have D-Will and J-Stew to admire instead. I would love to see him play with an elite quarterback.

With that said, none of this would be an issue if we addressed the problem at QB.

I hope you 2 are not suggesting we get rid of him one day. I want him to remind here until he retire or something. I think he will be here longer than Jake, so we should see how he does once he stick around when Jake hang up his jersey someday or at least when he is benched or be a #2 QB.

Players who see the end of their career on the horizon, like Smith, start to care more and more about winning a championship. He won't stick around if we go through "rebuilding years". Especially if he isn't putting up numbers, because Steve values his legacy a lot as well. However, I will cry like a child if he ever leaves Carolina. He makes every game worth watching. C'mon Jake get your mojo back and throw Steve some TDs!!!

Players who see the end of their career on the horizon, like Smith, start to care more and more about winning a championship. He won't stick around if we go through "rebuilding years". Especially if he isn't putting up numbers, because Steve values his legacy a lot as well. However, I will cry like a child if he ever leaves Carolina. He makes every game worth watching. C'mon Jake get your mojo back and throw Steve some TDs!!!

I disagree. Most will stay out of loyality to the team or to the owner. Heck, Dan Marino never went anywhere & stuck with the Miami Dolphins despite never winning a Superbowl at all.

Archived