• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte native, CB Adonis Alexander, entering Supplemental Draft

Nails

1 minute ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

Panthers should use a 4th

Would that be enough?  He had a 2019 1st Round Grade per the video and the Panthers would be grouped with the playoff teams in the lottery, meaning if the Cowboys or Bucs for example bid a 4th, they’d get him.

5 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I don't think we ever do anything in the supplemental draft. Have we ever?

No, risk usually doesn’t equal reward since the player inevitably has at least some baggage.

But never has a 6’3 DB with big upside from Charlotte entered to my knowledge.

usually if there is off field concerns, you don't want the player coming back to the town where they may have began.  Same reason Honey badger didn't want to go home to New Orleans, didn't want to run with the boys he used to.

I don't know if that situation applies here, and I'd love to have him, but I'm 100% sure we'll roll with Bradberry and Jackson.

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

usually if there is off field concerns, you don't want the player coming back to the town where they may have began.  Same reason Honey badger didn't want to go home to New Orleans, didn't want to run with the boys he used to.

I don't know if that situation applies here, and I'd love to have him, but I'm 100% sure we'll roll with Bradberry and Jackson.

Academic ineligibility isn’t a great sign, but hardly a capital offense.  Too bad he didn’t go to UNC and take AFAM.  

Bottom line is a 6’3 DB, even as a project, in this division IS a risk worth taking.  The question is how high of a risk.  

Just now, Nails said:

Academic ineligibility isn’t a great sign, but hardly a capital offense.  Too bad he didn’t go to UNC and take AFAM.  

Bottom line is a 6’3 DB, even as a project, in this division IS a risk worth taking.  The question is how high of a risk.  

how original 

28 minutes ago, Nails said:

nails, you were doing do well recently then you had to go and be this Nails again. 

SMH

32 minutes ago, Nails said:

wasn't there something else off the field beyond academic ineligibility?

12 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

wasn't there something else off the field beyond academic ineligibility?

A pot charge in 2016.  Meh.  Maybe a 4th is appropriate, I dunno, but I do wonder if it’s enough given his upside and the other teams higher in the bid/lottery order.

Archived