• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There is a lot of noise around Kevin Knox and Charlotte right now

AppHeel

Don't have access to Twitter at work so I can't embed tweets, but if you have ESPN Insider you can read about Charlotte & Knox on Draft Express's new mock draft here: http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/23509884/2018-nba-mock-draft-teams-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trae-young-lottery

Based on "NBA Intel" the guys at Draft Express and other NBA guys like Steve Kyler are mocking Kevin Knox to the Hornets. Kyler, in particular, said that he's heard that both the Knicks and Hornets are very high on Knox. So much so that he doesn't believe Knox will fall past 11. 

Take it for what it's worth. I know Knox has a mostly cold reputation among Hornets fans as far as potential fit. That includes me. I buy into the idea of Knox more than Knox himself. His killer instinct just isn't there imo.

Guess I better started getting used to the idea of him being a possibility.

1 hour ago, AppHeel said:

Don't have access to Twitter at work so I can't embed tweets, but if you have ESPN Insider you can read about Charlotte & Knox on Draft Express's new mock draft here: http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/23509884/2018-nba-mock-draft-teams-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trae-young-lottery

Based on "NBA Intel" the guys at Draft Express and other NBA guys like Steve Kyler are mocking Kevin Knox to the Hornets. Kyler, in particular, said that he's heard that both the Knicks and Hornets are very high on Knox. So much so that he doesn't believe Knox will fall past 11. 

Take it for what it's worth. I know Knox has a mostly cold reputation among Hornets fans as far as potential fit. That includes me. I buy into the idea of Knox more than Knox himself. His killer instinct just isn't there imo.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/2/3/16965932/kentucky-basketball-a-revisit-of-clutch-performances 

Check this article out from Kentucky regarding clutch performances. Knox seemed to do well at the end of tight games so there might be something there as far as killer instinct is concerned. 

I have started to really warm up to him and now he is one of the players I would love to pick. I think he would fit in perfect with the Hornets. 

- Work well in fast pace offense that Borrego wants to run ---check

- Switch off and guard multiple positions ---check

- Potential to spread the floor as a SF or PF ---check

- Create his own shot ---check

Now, he does have to work on shot selection and being locked in 100% of the time, but that is something that many young players have issues with. IE Monk last year. 

Knox is 18 and skilled with good length and scoring ability.  Picking at 11 we would be lucky to get him.  If we were picking higher with Sexton, Porter etc this would be bigger argument but Knox has good potential and we can use a scorer. 

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Knox is 18 and skilled with good length and scoring ability.  Picking at 11 we would be lucky to get him.  If we were picking higher with Sexton, Porter etc this would be bigger argument but Knox has good potential and we can use a scorer. 

I would definitely pick Porter over Knox but I don't think I would pick Sexton over him. I would prefer SGA to Sexton because I feel like SGA would be a better compliment to Monk.

42 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Agree! I think I have Knox ahead of SGA, Sexton and Miles Bridges right now. 

Agreed, in my perfect scenario I see Kemba traded for the 8th pick to Cleveland. We pick Sexton or SGA (whoever they prefer) then we select Knox hopefully at 11 or Bridges worst case. This is a deep draft, just sucks to not have a top 5 pick. Still talent there.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:57 AM, AppHeel said:

Not being a dick, but they still have us picking Miles Bridges in this Draft. Which sucks, but, meh. Unless we get up into the Top 10, I do not think we get a guy that's going to be a stud. I hope I'm wrong though. 

12 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Agreed, in my perfect scenario I see Kemba traded for the 8th pick to Cleveland. We pick Sexton or SGA (whoever they prefer) then we select Knox hopefully at 11 or Bridges worst case. This is a deep draft, just sucks to not have a top 5 pick. Still talent there.

You and I agree 100%.

My perfect scenario is slightly different. Trade Kemba for 8th. Pick Michael Porter.  Than with the 11 pick SGA. 

If the Hornets do this, everyone would praise it until 5 years from now when Knox, Sexton and Miles Bridges all randomly turn into all-stars and everyone complains about MJ and the Hornet drafting curse.

7 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

You and I agree 100%.

My perfect scenario is slightly different. Trade Kemba for 8th. Pick Michael Porter.  Than with the 11 pick SGA. 

If the Hornets do this, everyone would praise it until 5 years from now when Knox, Sexton and Miles Bridges all randomly turn into all-stars and everyone complains about MJ and the Hornet drafting curse.

Mine

Trade kemba and one of the big 3+ year contracts for #8

Use that #8 to trade with the Clippers for 12 and 13.  Go Knox, Miles Brides, Aaron Holliday.

Knox and Bridges interchangable at 3 and 4 crates nightmares.  Holliday and Monk in the backcourt is a good building block there

Other would be Knox and Trae Young at 11 and 8

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Mine

Trade kemba and one of the big 3+ year contracts for #8

Use that #8 to trade with the Clippers for 12 and 13.  Go Knox, Miles Brides, Aaron Holliday.

Knox and Bridges interchangable at 3 and 4 crates nightmares.  Holliday and Monk in the backcourt is a good building block there

Other would be Knox and Trae Young at 11 and 8

Ohhhh I like the idea of having 11,12 and 13. So why are you higher on Aaron Holliday than Sexton or SGA? 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Ohhhh I like the idea of having 11,12 and 13. So why are you higher on Aaron Holliday than Sexton or SGA? 

Sexton is going to go higher than 11

Holliday is a sleeper and and IMO is going to be this years Donavon Mitchell.

He comes from a good pedigree, family is good ballers.  He played 3 years and was always thought to be too light.  And even now still you look at what scouts say his biggest weakness is size.

But lets look at his size

He's 6'1 187

CP3 is 6'0 175

Trae Young is 6'2 180

Collin Sexton 6'1 183

So size doesnt look to be a issue to me as scouts say.  He also didnt start last year because Lonzo Ball started at PG.

This year the small tweener that came into UCLA quietly put up 20.3ppg 5.8apg 3.7 rpg 1.3 spg shooting 42.9% from 3. Though you would never know because hes not being hyped as the others

Also head to head vs Kentucky this year

SGA- 6 pts 5 assists 3 rebounds 

Holliday- 20 pts 8 assists 3 rebounds and the W

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Sexton is going to go higher than 11

Holliday is a sleeper and and IMO is going to be this years Donavon Mitchell.

He comes from a good pedigree, family is good ballers.  He played 3 years and was always thought to be too light.  And even now still you look at what scouts say his biggest weakness is size.

But lets look at his size

He's 6'1 187

CP3 is 6'0 175

Trae Young is 6'2 180

Collin Sexton 6'1 183

So size doesnt look to be a issue to me as scouts say.  He also didnt start last year because Lonzo Ball started at PG.

This year the small tweener that came into UCLA quietly put up 20.3ppg 5.8apg 3.7 rpg 1.3 spg shooting 42.9% from 3. Though you would never know because hes not being hyped as the others

Thanks for the info! I really don't know much about him but I guess my fear would be the same one I have about Sexton. Do we really want to have a pair of 6'1 & 6'3 guys being our backcourt of the future? We would never be able to compete with a team like Philly with their size in the backcourt.

Archived