• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I can’t hate on Lebron for is antics after a loss

Hotsauce

On 6/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, Kevin Greene said:

Congrats Warriors, love watching Lebron suffer.

Lebron, know that you are not welcome in Los Angeles.

Go Lakers.

So conflicted. Which one wins: my love for the Lakers or my hate for LeBron?

I look forward to hearing next year's excuses. LeBron is absolutely a great player, but he's fallen victim to the norm he established. He and his buddies Wade and Bosh teamed up to create the original modern era super team in Miami and now the boys in Golden State have formed an even better one. And honestly, it's pretty damn close to being pure. They drafted Curry, Thompson, and Green. Durant was the only major player who came via free agency. Durant puts them over the top and in discussion for being one of the greatest teams of all time, but make no mistake, they'd be a top contender even without him. LeBron went ring chasing in Miami and had his buddy Bosh join him. People criticize him for it, but honestly why? The NBA creates this situation with the false ceiling they created with max contracts and a soft cap. Players can only get x amount of dollars and owners can overspend if they're willing to pay a penalty. It's a fuged up situation and has pretty much ruined the NBA and MLB IMO. A big part of what makes the NFL great is the parity. There's a hard cap. There's no maximum contracts. You simply CAN'T build super teams. Who wants to watch the same handful of teams compete year in and year out while occasionally an upstart will make a run but then get picked clean in free agency? That sucks. It's why the NFL is the only pro sports league that I honestly truly keep up with. I love basketball but the NBA is a really shitty version of the sport. Again, just IMO.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I look forward to hearing next year's excuses. LeBron is absolutely a great player, but he's fallen victim to the norm he established. He and his buddies Wade and Bosh teamed up to create the original modern era super team in Miami and now the boys in Golden State have formed an even better one. And honestly, it's pretty damn close to being pure. They drafted Curry, Thompson, and Green. Durant was the only major player who came via free agency. Durant puts them over the top and in discussion for being one of the greatest teams of all time, but make no mistake, they'd be a top contender even without him. LeBron went ring chasing in Miami and had his buddy Bosh join him. People criticize him for it, but honestly why? The NBA creates this situation with the false ceiling they created with max contracts and a soft cap. Players can only get x amount of dollars and owners can overspend if they're willing to pay a penalty. It's a fuged up situation and has pretty much ruined the NBA and MLB IMO. A big part of what makes the NFL great is the parity. There's a hard cap. There's no maximum contracts. You simply CAN'T build super teams. Who wants to watch the same handful of teams compete year in and year out while occasionally an upstart will make a run but then get picked clean in free agency? That sucks. It's why the NFL is the only pro sports league that I honestly truly keep up with. I love basketball but the NBA is a really shitty version of the sport. Again, just IMO.

Warriors taking that L, 

14 hours ago, Kevin Greene said:

Don't want this mercenary invading LA. Would much rather have seen the kids continue to develop with maybe the add of Paul George or Kawhi Leanord, not a 33 year old cap assassin soon heading to the down side.

I think you would be in the minority in Laker-land. It's rare that you get to sign the best player in the league. Also, I don't think you are going to be able to make much of an argument for him "soon heading to the down side." 

58 minutes ago, bull123 said:

I wouldn’t say that...yes golden state is best team....but Houston, Boston, may have something for them...Leonard landing spot will be a factor as well

warriors are almost unbeatable if they play at highest level...will they?

Not wasting my time on it, Football is the only thing that matters now.

American & O.G.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:08 AM, bull123 said:

I wouldn’t say that...yes golden state is best team....but Houston, Boston, may have something for them...Leonard landing spot will be a factor as well

warriors are almost unbeatable if they play at highest level...will they?

Yeah, they still have to play the games. No question Golden State will be the favorites but that doesn't mean poo can't happen.

On 7/2/2018 at 12:12 PM, kungfoodude said:

I think you would be in the minority in Laker-land. It's rare that you get to sign the best player in the league. Also, I don't think you are going to be able to make much of an argument for him "soon heading to the down side." 

Father Time is undefeated. LeBron is still GREAT, but he's also going to turn 34 next season. 

On 7/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, Kevin Greene said:

Don't want this mercenary invading LA. Would much rather have seen the kids continue to develop with maybe the add of Paul George or Kawhi Leanord, not a 33 year old cap assassin soon heading to the down side.

You think the Lakers care about the cap? They'll write that check for the luxury tax and not give a damn.

Magic will be signing those contracts like

tenor.gif

Archived