• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update on Panthers 2010 draft picks

Dpantherman

Tonight's trade with Kansas City for DT Tank Tyler in exchange for a 2010 fifth-round selection leaves Carolina with five picks in next year's draft. Here's a look at deals the Panthers have made in recent months and a look at the picks they have left.

2010 Draft

Round 1 -- Traded away to San Francisco as part of the deal to acquire DE Everette Brown in the 2009 second round. The Panthers also obtained a fourth-round pick in the deal that was used to select RB/KR Mike Goodson.

Round 2 -- Panthers still own this pick.

Round 3 -- Panthers still own this pick.

Round 4 -- Panthers still own this pick.

Round 5 -- Pick dealt tonight to acquire Tyler from KC.

Round 6 -- Panthers have the Oakland Raiders' pick for this round, obtained in a draft-day deal involving swapped picks last April. ... Carolina sent its own sixth-rounder to acquire DT Louis Leonard from Cleveland near the end of the preseason. Leonard played well early but now is on injured reserve with a broken ankle.

Round 7 -- Panthers still own this pick.

(NOTE: Carolina traded away its 2011 seventh-rounder to Green Bay for long snapper J.J. Jansen.)

-- Charles Chandler, Charlotte Observer

what about conpensatory picks for not signing an FA's? we lost hangman and Omiyale, what will we get from that? should be high since they are both starting right?

I mentioned that on another board. i know for a fact will will get some. Thats probably one reason why they made more trades than usual. Hopefully we add a WR (that ISNT from USC), in the draft. of course there was the other Steve Smith from USC that we passed on......

How?

Just curious.

Trade Steve Smith. He'll be 31yrs old and I think the team may finally be getting a little tired of his act after all these years. Somebody would give up a first for him though, and maybe even another lower pick. The Panthers could also trade one of the extra DT's they're gonna have too.

All of the top talent qbs coming out next year I really hope the Cats can somehow get a first rounder.

I wish I had the confidence in this QB class that everybody else seems to have. Too damn many of them will be coming from spread offenses where they put up big numbers by throwing 5-10yd passes all day while letting the WR's get all the yardage.

Trade Steve Smith. He'll be 31yrs old and I think the team may finally be getting a little tired of his act after all these years. Somebody would give up a first for him though, and maybe even another lower pick. The Panthers could also trade one of the extra DT's they're gonna have too.

No way !!

Steve is the best player we ever had,and I hope his name will be on the wall one day. Steve has plenty of gas left in the tank, and his speed will remain in tact. ie galloway

I wish I had the confidence in this QB class that everybody else seems to have. Too damn many of them will be coming from spread offenses where they put up big numbers by throwing 5-10yd passes all day while letting the WR's get all the yardage.

Agree. The big two, McCoy and Bradford, have average arms at best and Bradford's shoulder keeps exploding. Shotgun formation as much as possible in school. Pike is protected in his system and has a weak arm. Injury issues as well. I posted a link a few days ago with scouts questioning LeFevour's arm strength and saying he pitches softballs all over.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is going to be a publicity stunt, probably in Jacksonville. Floats most of his throws and has a sloooow delivery.

Clausen, Locker and Snead all have big arms but other questions. Clausen is coming from the ND hype factory, Locker just kinda exploded into the scene this year and Snead is self destructing.

Archived