• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com now says "completion percentage isn't everything" after Cam's 71% game.

Saca312

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yesterday wasn't on Cam. The receivers, veterans, played poorly in the first half. They miss TD. Luke was trying to cover everything himself, he was overcompensating for bad LB play, even missed crucial tackles. They exploited the LBs all day. Not naming names but if they're elite players they'd have the ability to have Luke's back yesterday. #26 had his back though, the rookie. Poor effort, lack of focus, poor awareness.

I agree with you but that last drive was on Cam.  He was walking up to the line and had no sense of urgency.  Also, I have no idea why he threw that short pass to Smith.    

I think Cam finally found some chemistry with Torrey later in the game— they had to get in sync, he’s not dropping, him and Cam just weren’t on the same page— he’s going to get dialed in and it showed. I believe he caught his last 3 all on target all caught.

The others had a lot of key drops.

i would like to see Torrey DJ and Wright on the field at the same time.

I do see how a coach preferring veterans can bite him in the ars especially when you've got some good young talent pushing those vets. I don't think Ron has traditionally been the problem, it's been the FO and GMs moreso. Ron has been part of the solution. Our defense is always among the top and there are coaches in the league who would have passed on Cam Newton. He lost Chud, settled for Shula and finally let go off Shula and nabbed the Obi Wan Chudfather. Injuries are really F'n with us at the moment but I'd say these are the most optimal conditions Ron has had GM and FO wise to date. He's been a good coach. Players love him. Having the right owner and GM may make him a great coach. I like this staff we have now. Wish this was the SB staff in 15

6 minutes ago, jtm said:

I agree with you but that last drive was on Cam.  He was walking up to the line and had no sense of urgency.  Also, I have no idea why he threw that short pass to Smith.    

Yeah, wearing his emotions. The way the receivers we're playing they're lucky he didn't retire at halftime.

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, wearing his emotions. The way the receivers we're playing they're lucky he didn't retire at halftime.

That last drive was one of the worst uses of time for a 2 minute drill I've ever seen and Cam shouldn't get a pass just because he played well for 3.5 quarters.  

1 minute ago, jtm said:

That last drive was one of the worst uses of time for a 2 minute drill I've ever seen and Cam shouldn't get a pass just because he played well for 3.5 quarters.  

No pass here, I like the QB but ATL never gets that laser like precision he cuts NE with. I've noticed. The broadcast finally picked up on that.

Archived