• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhys Lloyd on his missed tackle

PanthersFanNY

Actually the best of them yeah (NFL is my life I know thats sad but oh well). I agree they should but they don't. The same way I think that all players should be happy to be payed 100k when they are payed millions of dollars (and complain about that) to play a sport most of us would play for little to nothing. It doesn't mean they are.

im going to agree to disagree on this one by the way. im thinking of names (not for this topic, just thinking of kickers) Mason Crosby, Neil Rackers, Steve Gostoskowski(u know..), Jeff Reid, ryan longwell, Rob Bironas (sp.)

im going to agree to disagree on this one by the way. im thinking of names (not for this topic, just thinking of kickers) Mason Crosby, Neil Rackers, Steve Gostoskowski(u know..), Jeff Reid, ryan longwell, Rob Bironas (sp.)

The only Kicker worth mentioning to me is Adam Vinatieri (Kasey a close second well maybe not that close).

Honestly, we're talking about our kicker's inability to tackle? The only player on special teams who can tackle is Wesley, and he doesn't know when to!

Sauerbrun used to tackle. Remember when that guy talked crap to him and Todd got a roughness penalty for his hit on him later in the game? Oh, the good old days.

Honestly, we're talking about our kicker's inability to tackle? The only player on special teams who can tackle is Wesley, and he doesn't know when to!

Sauerbrun used to tackle. Remember when that guy talked crap to him and Todd got a roughness penalty for his hit on him later in the game? Oh, the good old days.

He was a little bit of a thug but I do miss him.

Kasay is one of the most accurate kickers in the history of the league. No one can easily take his spot.

I agree with you,he is the man. That was a bad mistake by Seattle not to ink him to a deal before his contract ran out.God bless Microsoft!

I've always wondered why kicker are not taught to tackle. They are on the field so they should be taught how to play the game. Making a tackle is not that hard to do and everybody that ever played the game other than kicker it seems had to be taught how. Kasay used to make an attempt to make a tackle when it came to preventing a touchdown. Thats how he tore his ACL, trying to make a tackle and nor using proper technique. A little coaching could have prevented that injury.

I've always wondered why kicker are not taught to tackle. They are on the field so they should be taught how to play the game. Making a tackle is not that hard to do and everybody that ever played the game other than kicker it seems had to be taught how. Kasay used to make an attempt to make a tackle when it came to preventing a touchdown. Thats how he tore his ACL, trying to make a tackle and nor using proper technique. A little coaching could have prevented that injury.

Thats why. They are usually some of the most fragile players on the team. They don't have the strength and conditioning the other players on the team have and thus have very little mass to resist injury. All in all there job is to boot it deep not make a tackle that is the job of the other 10 on the ST.

Oh how naive you are. Plenty of stars in the legue were at one time on the bubble. You never know if that guy you cut might develop into a great player.

Name a legitimate star who was "on the bubble" i.e. got cut early in their career and then picked up by another team and developed into a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Archived