• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil Plans To Play November 4th Versus Tampa

bobsfoodbasics

3 hours ago, Verge said:

I might be alone on this, but Matt Kalil isn't that far off from Clark, he might even be better at times.

I'm not a Kalil backer, but Chris Clark hasn't been as perfect as he's getting credit for. 

What I think hasn't been talked about enough is that Norv Turner's effort to get Cam Newton to take less time to make his passes actually seems to be succeeding. That, plus the fact that Turner doesn't call quite so many long developing routes as Mike Shula tended to.

If you're successful on that front, then even if your left tackle isn't exactly elite level, you've still got a chance.

Of course, I can absolutely understand why people blanch at the idea of Kalil starting again (I'd still prefer Moton at LT myself) but if you want to understand everything that's happening, you have to look at all the factors.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not a Kalil backer, but Chris Clark hasn't been as perfect as he's getting credit for. 

What I think hasn't been talked about enough is that Norv Turner's effort to get Cam Newton to take less time to make his passes actually seems to be succeeding. That, plus the fact that Turner doesn't call quite so many long developing routes as Mike Shula tended to.

If you're successful on that front, then even if your left tackle isn't exactly elite level, you've still got a chance.

Of course, I can absolutely understand why people blanch at the idea of Kalil starting again (I'd still prefer Moton at LT myself) but if you want to understand everything that's happening, you have to look at all the factors.

I think moving Moton to RT and picking up Clark was to keep the door open for Matt to be a starter when he came back.  They knew if Moton stayed there it would be hard to justify replacing him when Matt returned.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don’t disagree with any of that. But other factors to consider as well. 

If they are playing at any sort of similar level, you sure don’t risk 7M guaranteed in case Kalil gets “hurt” again.

And this needing two months for “knee soreness” never passed the smell test. At a time when we were desperate for OT help. When is the last time a knee injury was reported without any specifics. 

I think he tapped out, so to speak. Blamed another injury. Or something. Don’t trust him anymore. 

Archived