• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How crucial is tomorrow’s game? Panthers made the playoffs 100% of the time when starting 4-1 or better

Saca312

We definitely want a win but if we are going to use historical data to try to predict what will happen, that data also says that if we dont go 5 and 0 we lose in the divisional round.  Stats like most of us know can be used in many different ways.   That being said, KB fan you are great at giving us the information and I have really appreciated it!  I'm definitely a pessimist when it comes to the Panthers as you can tell by what I just posted but the work you put in is exceptional. 

4 hours ago, BuckNaked said:

We definitely want a win but if we are going to use historical data to try to predict what will happen, that data also says that if we dont go 5 and 0 we lose in the divisional round.  Stats like most of us know can be used in many different ways.   That being said, KB fan you are great at giving us the information and I have really appreciated it!  I'm definitely a pessimist when it comes to the Panthers as you can tell by what I just posted but the work you put in is exceptional. 

Great another Pessimistic Panther fan.

6 hours ago, BuckNaked said:

that data also says that if we dont go 5 and 0 we lose in the divisional round.  

I knew someone would comment on that!

(It's more like, unless we go 5-0 we won't make it to the Superbowl, but point taken!)

Of course, looking at the history is just for fun and to show trends.

Stats are NOT deterministic. We could go 6-1, have Matt Kalil return, Cam gets killed and we end up 6-10...

Or we could lose a bunch, wind up 3-5 and then go on a massive "Ron wants to save his job" end of season tear, win 8 straight, and plow through the playoffs as the hottest team in the league...

Winning vs Washington today should bode well. It puts us in good position towards a winning season and the playoffs. But still a lot of football ahead!

Archived