• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Gameday Thread

Shocker

15 hours ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Want some advice? What makes you look really dumb is thinking that pick 13 or 14 is panning out when the team hasn't won a playoff series since the old Hornets were around. The win now mentality hasn't really panned out much now has it? Stop calling people dumb while looking like a dumbass yourself. Okay, great.

Did you ride the short bus when you were younger?  

Down by 20+ to the Mavs.. it's over unless Mitch pulls off a trade for an allstar at the deadline.. I am done with this team for now.. no sense in putting myself through this BS anymore..

I was sick as a dog but bought tix for my son for xmas to the Wiz game last Saturday but had to take him.. and to lose to a Wall-less and Porter-less team is beyond unacceptable.. I am done with this sh*t-sandwich of a roster..

Adios gentlemen 

3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Down by 20+ to the Mavs.. it's over unless Mitch pulls off a trade for an allstar at the deadline.. I am done with this team for now.. no sense in putting myself through this BS anymore..

I was sick as a dog but bought tix for my son for xmas to the Wiz game last Saturday but had to take him.. and to lose to a Wall-less and Porter-less team is beyond unacceptable.. I am done with this sh*t-sandwich of a roster..

Adios gentlemen 

They should have tanked and went through a rebuild. Instead here comes pick 12 and missing out on an incredible but top heavy draft. 10 of the next 14 games against winning teams. Here we go.

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

You still think Frank is any good?...he has been horrible tonight

the guy is a great big first round bust

Everybody sucked tonight...one of those games.  Oh well, we are young gonna have these from time to time

16 hours ago, Thelt said:

1st Big mistake.. In 2011 they drafted Kemba Walker, which was good but they also drafted Biz and passed up on Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler.
We actually traded up to take Biz..
#19 (Tobias Harris) + Stephen Jackson + Shaun Livingston === #9 (BIZ) + Correy Maggette
btw - Both Morris twins were still on the board too, lots of talent in that draft..

2nd Colossal mistake.. In 2012 they got screwed out of Anthony Davis but still they took MKG ahead of Bradley Beal, Damon Lillard and Andre Drummond.
yeah.. that is the one right there that set us back massively.. 1st AD and Kemba would have made us a contender in the east for the next 10 years, but to miss on him and Beal/Drummond.. smgdh..
Do you know that we didnt take Beal because the FO mindset was that "We have Hendo - so SG position is filled."

In 2013 they took Cody Zeller over the Greek Freak and Rudy Gobert.
possibly the most horrible draft in NBA history.. i actually think we got off good with Zeller 

In 2014 they took Vonleh over TJ Warren and  Zach Levine
Gary Harris was the player I wanted because we needed shooters.. but when Vonleh dropped and we took him - no one faulted them for it.. i give them a pass, especially because we flipped him into Batum - back when he was good..

3rd Big mistake.. In 2015 they took Frank Kaminski instead of a bunch of picks from Boston.  Myles Turner and Devin Booker were picked after Frank.
Booker was a layup pick for us.. a 6'6 SG to pair with Kemba that has a silky shot!? this could have corrected passing on Beal but we whiffed again..

In 2016 they traded their pick but could have taken Brogdon. This is also they year they used all the cap space to retain Batum and Marvin Williams.
Not mad at that move.. our pick was so late in the draft - it was almost worthless.. we got Belinelli for it and he was one bright spot that year..

Two lessons here, always pick BPA.  Never give a big contract to a guy coming off one great season when his history prior is mediocre.  They normally revert to the mean. 

Something as simple as not retaining Batum would have been huge.  Courtney Lee signed that same off season for half the money.  He has been a better player since then.

3 huge mistakes.. others were minor hiccups

1 hour ago, Thelt said:

How many good moves do you see over that time frame?  Drafting Kemba is about it.

I don't disagree that our FO is a dumpster fire - but they have made a few "decent/good moves" if we are being honest..

1 - Drafting Kemba
2 - Trading Maggette = Ben Gordon + 1st round pick (Vonleh)
3 - Trading Hakim Warrick for McBob
4 - Signing FA Sessions
5 - Signed FA Al Jefferson
6 - Trading Gary Neal = Mo Williams
7 - Original signing of Marvin Williams
8 - Signing FA Jeremy Lin
9 - Trading Vonleh + Hendo = Batum
10 - Trading Brian Roberts + PJ Harriston = Courtney Lee
11 - Trading Luke Ridnour = Jeremy Lamb
12 - Trading #28 pick = Belinelli
13 - Trading Plumlee = Dwight Howard
14 - Drafting Monk + Bacon