• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blowout losses are not the end of the world

bigdavis

1 minute ago, caatfan said:

Pats just lost to a 4-4 Titans team by 24. Their other two losses were to Detroit and J'ville. I'd say we're in good company, even though they have no competition in their division. 

"any given Sunday..."

as RR said, "poo happens"

22 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

What are you all talking about?? Who said anything about the Mariners??

(edited my dumb mistake, haha.  Next I'll be citing the Toledo Mud Hens)  But it WAS Seattle.

For whatever other opinions I have, I'd like to think we can beat a baseball team :thinking:

The one game I can tolerate looking like ass? 

A road game on Thursday night.  TNF isn’t about money.  Not enough time for players to heal nor to gameplan for someone you see once every 4 years.  Which is why so much bad football occurs.

they should at least make TNF divisional games.  At least the short week is essentially health as the main issue. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• There's really two parts to this question.   1) What does Bryce have to do to prove that he was worthy of the 1st overall pick (and the Panthers trade up to acquire said pick) and be seen as the franchise QB/face of the organization for the foreseeable future?  2) What does Bryce have to do to be a serviceable starter past this season and allow the team to be in a position of not being desperate in their next try at acquiring a franchise QB? I don't think Bryce is capable of ever living up to the expectation of the 1st overall pick and being a franchise QB.  His physical limitations will not allow him to ever be that QB.   He could, however, show enough to be a placeholder.  Not what you want out of this deal but it's better than him being released at the end of the season.  Minimum of 6-8 wins with him showing he can lead the offense (scoring around 17-24 points per game on offense) and make plays when it matters especially as the end of the season nears.  It will also show that Morgan is capable of assembling a competitive roster and Caneles is capable of installing a modern NFL offense.   Then you wait and draft/sign/trade for a franchise QB when the situation is to your best advantage.  This is how the Chiefs got Mahomes, the Eagles got Hurts, the Ravens got Jackson and the Packers got both Rodgers and Love.  Or we luck into it like the Patriots did with Brady and the 49er's did with Purdy.  
    • The only reason---which is a significant reason---that Penny is not miles (no pun intended) ahead of Sanders is due to health. Availability is the best ability in this case. When Penny is able to play, he has been the better back. His career averages in both running and receiving are markedly better, and Miles has arguably been playing behind a better line.
    • That being said, when was the last time you saw Freddie spending more time sprawled on the ice versus keeping his feet? Playoff Freddie is not the same goalie who played exceptionally well since coming back from his medical issue. We're seeing someone other than regular season Freddie and I'm not impressed, especially the last 3-4 games.