• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes Gameday Thread

MillionDollarCam

• 1 month later...

I feel like our goalies are giving us a solid chance.

They seem to be shifting towards playing Mrazek on the road and McElhinney at home.

Mrazek has a .915 on the road and McElhinney has a .931 at home. We just can’t score.

We have Aho playing at an 82 point pace and Teravainen at a 67 point pace, that’s it.

All of the other scoring is secondary scoring this year, meaning it’s not consistent.

Aho, Teravainen, and Svechnikov are literally the only offensive pieces that get me excited when discussing the Hurricanes.

I feel like the defense has been adequate with de Haan, Pesce, and Faulk playing really well, Slavin being his same old self, and Van Riemsdyk being decent. Hamilton has been horrible this year and not getting any scoring from him hurts.

Trading away Lindholn who is on a 98 point pace and Skinner who is on an 82 point pace was STUPID.

• 2 weeks later...

Another goal for El Nino. The Canes are closing in on the playoffs, just three points out.

The current pace has the magic number of points at 96. With the Canes at 56 points they would need 40 points out of their remaining 31 games which puts them at a 20-11 record over the last 31 with multiple combinations of overtime losses working towards their favor as well.

The Canes also have the highest ROW of any eastern conference team not already in playoff position, this gives them a nice advantage should they go on a run to close the season out.

Enormous game tonite.  Matt Murray has been an absolute Cane killer and Pittsburgh has had their number since they were responsible for sweeping them out of their last playoff berth in 2009.  No Malkin tonite, that helps.  This is a road trip the Canes need to scrap for points on and it'd be amazing to steal 2 in Pitt tonite.

Archived