• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hope this is not true

LegioX

3 hours ago, Mvp2014 said:

I can't imagine a smart businessman who has been inside of the Pittsburg organization is going to pay 2+ billion for this team and keep the poo show we saw this year but who knows

it actually makes better business sense to keep RR another year.  Rivera will make 17 mil whether he is here or not

I'm not sure anyone has a good pulse on what's going to happen with Tepper. The front office sourced are likely JR holdovers and may not be in tune with the new owner.

Then there's the fact that everyone's favorite lovable idiot Joe Person has alluded to the source of the "Rivera is safe" rumors is Rivera himself.

With these reports, Ive started to accept that we are just going to stay with what we've got.  We should know for sure in just a week.

The thought that we are keeping Ron and Marty has sure sucked all the excitment out of the draft and next season for me, and damn we havent even lost our last game this season.

Unless Tepper kicks these guys to the curb next monday, its officially 'hello new boss, same as the old boss.'  The honeymoon will be over for me.

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The one thing that never makes good business sense in the NFL is putting a losing product on the field.

So getting a new coach guarantees a winning product?  We risk being the next Ceveland or Oakland.   I think we all have made Ron seem worse than he really is.  Most likely he will be back next year, so either you can enjoy the ride or complain all year.

19 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

So getting a new coach guarantees a winning product?  We risk being the next Ceveland or Oakland.   I think we all have made Ron seem worse than he really is.  Most likely he will be back next year, so either you can enjoy the ride or complain all year.

No, but keeping a coach j who isn't up to the task is a bad investment.

Taking a risk on a guy who might be bad but also might be good is always better than sticking with a guy you know is bad.

I hate it, but feel like Rivera is staying and he already knows.  Why would he start pulling starters in the second half if he's fighting for his job?  Trai got pulled early on and McCaffrey pulled in the 4th with time to score a couple more times.  I hope the report is wrong,  but looking more legit to me.

Archived