• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PC Builders..

Ivan The Awesome

Also, I highly recommend getting some LED lighting for around your monitor. Just attached this earlier this month and I love it. Before and after.

2080255752_PCNoBacklight.thumb.jpg.d678a762a0e197505435e670d8570dd7.jpg1874981116_PCBacklight.thumb.jpg.974eafe8a75a0d9793d95a1938d6c802.jpg

Since my tower is under my desk, I didn't really try to make it fancy with LED lighting. In fact, this is the only picture I have of inside the case and it was right as I was booting it up for the first time.

220362444_PCInners.thumb.jpg.24615add9f6072ec2780f472e3070c95.jpg

14 minutes ago, Dex said:

Not true. You want to run a AAA game at 1080 or 1440 at a stable 60fps on High to Ultra settings you're going to need a high end card with a minimum of 4G of dedicated GPU memory depending on how much RAM you have. If he wants to play CSGO on low settings at a stable 60 FPS then sure he can get a $200 GPU. I don't own stock in the GPU market I'm giving him legitimate advice. Don't just listen to us though Ivan do your own research and think about exactly what you want to use this computer for.

You can run 1440 on a RTX 2060 for like $350 or so if he's even going to play at that level which like someone said above may be useful information from OP.    Even 4k now can be done with $450-600 if going crazy like that.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

You can run 1440 on a RTX 2060 for like $350 or so if he's even going to play at that level which like someone said above may be useful information from OP.    Even 4k now can be done with $450-600 if going crazy like that.

It CAN BE DONE but I'm talking about stable frame rates on high settings. I can't even get 4K 60FPS on a 1080TI with most triple A games mayne. But this is all for naught because we don't even know what he wants this for. He could be trying to play Age of Empires II and Jetpack Santa.

Also, what Dex is saying is true. It's true that older GPUs can reach all them frames, but it may require overclocking and lower in-game settings. You'll spend a lot of money at first, but they'll last you a good while. The good news is that GPUs aren't as high as they were last year since the bitcoin mining phase is sort of dying down. Last year was absolute poo in the GPU market.

You can be like two of my buddies and cough up $800 for a 2080....all them rays, bro!

8 minutes ago, Dex said:

It CAN BE DONE but I'm talking about stable frame rates on high settings. I can't even get 4K 60FPS on a 1080TI with most triple A games mayne. But this is all for naught because we don't even know what he wants this for. He could be trying to play Age of Empires II and Jetpack Santa.

The RTX 2060 has been tested to perform on high/ultra for 1440P on stable framerates.   

Just now, Arroz con Panther said:

Also, what Dex is saying is true. It's true that older GPUs can reach all them frames, but it may require overclocking and lower in-game settings. You'll spend a lot of money at first, but they'll last you a good while. The good news is that GPUs aren't as high as they were last year since the bitcoin mining phase is sort of dying down. Last year was absolute poo in the GPU market.

You can be like two of my buddies and cough up $800 for a 2080....all them rays, bro!

$700 for a GPU is just crazy talk for anyone not seriously into gaming and doing 4k/VR, especially with that budget.    Yeah if you want to drop that money, it's not going to be a bad thing lol but I don't think telling someone "you can't get a GOOD GPU for under $700" is really accurate.   

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

The RTX 2060 has been tested to perform on high/ultra for 1440P on stable framerates.   

If you say so. Then it's good price to performance value. I just wouldn't believe everything you read on the interwebs.

3 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

$700 for a GPU is just crazy talk for anyone not seriously into gaming and doing 4k/VR, especially with that budget.    Yeah if you want to drop that money, it's not going to be a bad thing lol but I don't think telling someone "you can't get a GOOD GPU for under $700" is really accurate.   

You're absolutely correct. Good is relative. I'm a photo/video editor (working with 4K RAW files) and gamer so a high end GPU is a necessity. But the whole "a GPU that costs that much is for 4K/VR" argument is bullshit. A high end GPU is going to give you high end results at 1080p, 1440p and 4K. Better off investing than having to get a new one every couple of years. 

But I digress, we still don't know what he plans on using the PC for.

9 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Overwatch, fortnite, borderlands, CS GO, L4D, etc. AAA titles. 

Planning on using varios programs too tho. Also streaming. 

You're going to need a lot of RAM and a high end GPU homie. Especially if you plan on streaming and playing on the same computer. Some streamers keep the two separate to improve performance.

Archived