• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper wants a roof on BOA.

jbland

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Some places actually do it right and pay off the loan early. This is also the reason that newer stadiums are becoming more of a retail space in addition to the stadium. 

Artie Blank is gonna make a poo-ton of money for his next ex-wife from MB Stadium.

The City of Atlanta though?  Not so sure.

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Artie Blank is gonna make a poo-ton of money for his next ex-wife from MB Stadium.

The City of Atlanta though?  Not so sure.

Really depends on how they managed the deal. I live in Arlington now so I know about att stadium. Cowboys pay 2m in rent plus 500k of att deal goes to the city. Even though they didnt pay for the whole cost 325m plus 150m from the NFL, the city of Arlington still owns the building. The city knows how to do stadium loans tho and pay them off decades early. 

34 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

1. I agree with you.

2. You (and those who agree with you, including me) have no reason to complain if/when the organization the Marty and Ron-loving billionaire owns moves to an area with politicians who are stupid enough to write Tepper a blank check.

Yep that's why the NFL and owners should be paying for thier own stadiums so they can't play the "I'll move the team to Alberque card"

7i3U.gif

If a roof expands tourism into events like final four and Rolling Stones concerts and expands tourism from 10 games to 20-30+ events a year, you better be ready for tax payer money to come in strong for this. 

Charlotte pays for the stadium AS IS. An investment that would increase revenue 3x isn’t far fetched. 

Tepper is also dreaming rn.  We would be 3-5 years out on that minimum right now. Smart man. 

Archived