• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positive Spin on the Draft

yasuhara2241

I know the easy thing to do is bash this draft. While I could do that, I decided to take this time to analyze the draft with a positive spin. 

Position Versatility is the phrase used over and over with this draft class, but that is the absolute truth. PJ can be a 3 or 4. Cody can be a 1, 2 and even switch on 3s. McDaniels can be a 4 or small ball 5. All 3 of these players fit perfectly in Borrego's switching defense.

Defense: They all can guard multiple positions. No matter what switches we make they are all pretty good defenders or at least have the potential to improve defensively. 

Lineup Flexibility: As much as I want to have faith that Monk can still turn into a player in this league, he needs to be paired with a good, tall defender at the PG position. Cody gives him that chance. This would be a much better complement to Monk then Graham (who I like defensively but only against PGs). Also, now if we ever see a Bacon, Miles, PJ, McDaniels lineup, 2,3, 4, and 5 could be switched easily. 

Accidental Tanking: I know. How can tanking be a positive spin. Well if we can't sign Kemba, we will be tanking by accident. We have a chance to develop some nice young pieces. Yes, they all have their ceilings but if we keep grooming Monk, Bacon, Bridges, Graham, PJ, Cody, McDaniels then we can possibly have 2-3 quality starters and 2-3 quality reserve players. We will still suck but we will have cheap players and a very high draft pick for the next couple of years to hope to luck into a star. Also who knows one of those young guys might develop into an all-star like Kemba did. I still remember when we signed Kemba for $12m a yr after his rookie contract expired a lot of people thought we overpaid because he wasn't efficient. 

That's all I got. Any other positives towards the draft? 

Positive of the draft.. Hopefully some of these mediocre players push the overpaid bums to the bench and hopefully off the team.. Hopefully these tweeners are better than the garbage tweeners already on the roster.  

Archived