• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barclays Premier League- 2019/20 Season Thread

Shocker

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

There was absolutely nothing controversial about either Liverpool goal and it was clear Chelsea's first "goal" began with an offside pass in the build-up.

That's what VAR is for.  I mean, if you don't like VAR, I can sympathize.  But there's no reason to complain if it actually does its job appropriately.  "I don't like the correct call that VAR made that affected my team" is not an appropriate reason.

All the new Liverpool fans are adorable 

I love Chelsea's (Abraham, Loftus-Cheek) and Arsenal's (Pepe, Lacazette) young talent.  And vets like Kante (Chelsea) and Aubameyang are also some of my favorites.

Chelsea is definitely being hindered by their transfer ban.  If they had been able or will be able to add over the last and next couple of transfer windows, I'd be very worried about them as a Liverpool fan.  I like Lampard and I think he's doing a good job with the youthful roster he's been provided.  And, as a Liverpool fan, watching Tammy Abraham play reminds me of a younger, faster, more agile Peter Crouch.  (If you're not a Liverpool fan, you might not understand how big a complement that is.)

I think Arsenal could be much more competitive now, but its kind of obvious that Emery isn't getting the job done.  I like Emery and I think he's a very good manager, but the I don't think the Emery/Arsenal relationship is working out.  If I were Arsenal management, I'd be knocking on Daniel Farke's door (current Norwich City manager) to judge his interest.   My god, what that man could do with Pepe and Lacazette would give me nightmares.  (P.S.  One puzzling move by Arsenal is I have no flippin' clue why they spend big money on bringing in David Luiz.  At only 8 million, he was worth a flyer, I guess?)

17 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I love Chelsea's (Abraham, Loftus-Cheek) and Arsenal's (Pepe, Lacazette) young talent.  And vets like Kante (Chelsea) and Aubameyang are also some of my favorites.

Chelsea is definitely being hindered by their transfer ban.  If they had been able or will be able to add over the last and next couple of transfer windows, I'd be very worried about them as a Liverpool fan.  I like Lampard and I think he's doing a good job with the youthful roster he's been provided.  And, as a Liverpool fan, watching Tammy Abraham play reminds me of a younger, faster, more agile Peter Crouch.  (If you're not a Liverpool fan, you might not understand how big a complement that is.)

I think Arsenal could be much more competitive now, but its kind of obvious that Emery isn't getting the job done.  I like Emery and I think he's a very good manager, but the I don't think the Emery/Arsenal relationship is working out.  If I were Arsenal management, I'd be knocking on Daniel Farke's door (current Norwich City manager) to judge his interest.   My god, what that man could do with Pepe and Lacazette would give me nightmares.  (P.S.  One puzzling move by Arsenal is I have no flippin' clue why they spend big money on bringing in David Luiz.  At only 8 million, he was worth a flyer, I guess?)

David Luiz is a stop gap guy.  Arsenal bid for Upanecano, top world young CB was rejected 2 days before window closes.  Arsenal purchased one of the other best young CBs in the world, William Saliba, but part of the deal requires him to be loaned back for a year.  Arsenal are still in a rebuilding mode.  Their midfield is sorted out but they are still missing top LW and CB.  Arsenal is only playing for top 4 this year.  I expect Arsenal to go back for Zaha and Upamecano next year and they should compete for titles.

Emery plays not to lose when the team weakness is D and team strength is attack.

26 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

This is why I think Daniel Farke would be deadly as Arsenal manager.

We shall see.  There is a movement to can Emery.  His contract expires in 7 months and currently there is no plan to bring him back.  I have a feeling if somehow Emery survives and gets Arsenal into CL... he will still be let go.  Emery is all that remaining from previous management.

14 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Spurs lost 7-2 at home to Bayern.  Absolute embarrassment.  Rumors swirling that Pochettino is close to getting a boot.

Poch is a really, really good manager.  He'll land on his feet and I would bet chances are good it will be at a better position than Tottenham.

Hell, as soon as he's fired Arsenal would do well to measure his interest in the Gunner's job.

27 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Poch is a really, really good manager.  He'll land on his feet and I would bet chances are good it will be at a better position than Tottenham.

Hell, as soon as he's fired Arsenal would do well to measure his interest in the Gunner's job.

I’d give up my left nut to get Poch.

If they fire Poch, it would be the dumbest move I've ever seen from my team. For all the so-called 'fans' who are screaming for him to be gone, they must not remember or lived through the maddening days of clueless Ramos, one-trick Harry, Rico Suave (aka AVB), or the lack of elevator height on Sherwood's noggin.

He's the best manager we've had in the modern age by far, and there's really no one out there available that we could improve the spot with. Nagelsmann and Howe aren't going anywhere, and who knows if Allegri could repeat solidly in the EPL. No thanks, I'd like to stick with Poch, thanks. He's proven he can win, and once he's flushed out the pampered brats (I'm looking at you Mr. Eriksen), and if certain players who were pretty much made by Poch (and this one is directed at Dele here) would just step up and do their damn jobs, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

6 hours ago, Raskle said:

If they fire Poch, it would be the dumbest move I've ever seen from my team. For all the so-called 'fans' who are screaming for him to be gone, they must not remember or lived through the maddening days of clueless Ramos, one-trick Harry, Rico Suave (aka AVB), or the lack of elevator height on Sherwood's noggin.

He's the best manager we've had in the modern age by far, and there's really no one out there available that we could improve the spot with. Nagelsmann and Howe aren't going anywhere, and who knows if Allegri could repeat solidly in the EPL. No thanks, I'd like to stick with Poch, thanks. He's proven he can win, and once he's flushed out the pampered brats (I'm looking at you Mr. Eriksen), and if certain players who were pretty much made by Poch (and this one is directed at Dele here) would just step up and do their damn jobs, we wouldn't even be discussing this.

It happens to too many great managers...  They just lose the team... Klopp, Wenger, Pep and etc. and sometimes fresh start is the best route for everyone.  I think if Poch gets fired... Arsenal will fire Emery on the spot to bring him in.

Archived