• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching matters. Take a look and find out why.

ellis

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have said it before, several times...

If I'm choosing between a guy I don't know is good enough and a guy who I know isn't, I'll take the first guy every time.

Assuming that is the only choice you have. What if you can chose a proven head coach with good results over Rivera. Then it is more likely to give you positive results 

Sorry if this was a little too granular today. Clearly this is a hot button topic around here. I can tell you this, I’ve been a fervent defender of Ron Rivera for years. I have never called for his firing reactively, nor do I think it would be wise to do so right now. I just don’t know how you can look at that drive and not see some level of superior coaching in that situation from McVay. 

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Assuming that is the only choice you have. What if you can chose a proven head coach with good results over Rivera. Then it is more likely to give you positive results 

A proven head coach is less likely to be looking for a job.

I'm not a big fan of retreads anyway. Neither of the Steelers, so Tepper also may not be.

5 minutes ago, ellis said:

It was clear to me that McVay outcoached Rivera. Yes, that’s my opinion. I laid out an example of it, there were other examples within the thread on Twitter. I’m sorry to some who don’t appreciate the twist I try to put on my work. It doesn’t bother me that you disagree with that. I honestly posted this here to shed a little light. My mom is in the hospital, so most of my attention is going to that end of things right now. Don’t need your pity, not looking for attention, just trying to keep things in perspective here. Ron is a good coach, and a good man. Sunday wasn’t his best day.

Again my only point was that opinion pieces are by nature opinion not fact. As such they generate discussion and sometimes disagreement. If you can't handle the criticism then stick to the facts. Unfortunately almost everything these days is mostly opinion and only enough fact to support that opinion without giving both sides of the story.

With that said I am sorry your mom is in the hospital and I hope she recovers. Again didn't mean to jump you I just felt the evidence presented didn't justify the conclusion but it purely was my opinion and surely not a fact. I do appreciate your work and efforts even if I may not agree with the conclusion sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A proven head coach is less likely to be looking for a job.

I'm not a big fan of retreads anyway. Neither of the Steelers, so Tepper also may not be.

That is the problem isn't it. Retread versus unknown who has a learning curve. I am watching with interest all of the teams who have installed new coaches all looking for the next McVay. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Again my only point was that opinion pieces are by nature opinion not fact. As such they generate discussion and sometimes disagreement. If you can't handle the criticism then stick to the facts. Unfortunately almost everything these days is mostly opinion and only enough fact to support that opinion without giving both sides of the story.

With that said I am sorry your mom is in the hospital and I hope she recovers. Again didn't mean to jump you I just felt the evidence presented didn't justify the conclusion but it purely was my opinion and surely not a fact. I do appreciate your work and efforts even if I may not agree with the conclusion sometimes.

Hey, I enjoyed taking a sec to have a debate. I never took it personal. I hope you didn’t either. Message boards and Twitter can confuse the hell out of people, because there’s no real way to gauge tone. 

I’m all good with you my friend. I don’t want everybody to agree with my stuff, if they did, I would be doing middle of the road slaphappy content. We just try to be as honest as possible. 

I agree Rivera was outcoached Sunday, but to play devil's advocate..

I don't think Ron yelling at the refs or not being focused had anything to do with that burned timeout.  It's just the simple fact that we were subbing linemen while the Rams went no huddle.

1 minute ago, natty said:

I agree Rivera was outcoached Sunday, but to play devil's advocate..

I don't think Ron yelling at the refs or not being focused had anything to do with that burned timeout.  It's just the simple fact that we were subbing linemen while the Rams went no huddle.

The Rams don’t just go no-huddle for no reason. And I agree, there may be no correlation between Ron pitching a fit and the time out. I have a different feeling on it, but it’s still just a feeling. Which is why I’m not taking it to the website and reporting it as facts 

But you are right. Sometimes things just happen. I have seen enough of what LA does to know that a lot of their hurry up happens in spurts and it usually is in reaction to something else.

10 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

That is the problem isn't it. Retread versus unknown who has a learning curve. I am watching with interest all of the teams who have installed new coaches all looking for the next McVay. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Every successful head coach was unknown at some point.

Being unwilling to look at them is like refusing to hire a kid to give him some experience then telling him you don't want to hire him because he has no experience.

Archived