• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox pregame: jumping to conclusions (Cam)

ncfan

4 minutes ago, kaw_liga said:

If this were true I could name several teams that wouldn't have any fans.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I Hope he comes back

But right now he has shown nothing to believe.  Heck national writers and some local writers are in the same boat

Im guessing you just kept on keeping on believing in Jimmy Clausen until Cam took over?

Panthers fans think they have it the worst. This franchise is only 25 years old. Take one glance at Browns fans and Bills fans over the years.

Nut up or log out.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you've stopped believing in the QB then just stop watching. Follow another team. It's that simple.

No, it is not.  If you are a dyed in the wool Broncos fan, do you believe in your QB?  How about a rabid Browns fan over the years?  Miami, if they have any fans left, since Marino?  Raiders fans have had their moments with Carr, but they are still Raiders fans.  Jets fans?

There is a difference in being the fan of a team and being too dense to realize some players aren't destined for glory.  Not saying that is the case here, but the sweeping statement simply ignores some of the most rabid fans in the league.

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Look how serious Tom Brady is about the game. It doesn't look fun to him. He looks like a stone cold killer in the 4th quarter. He only looks happy holding up the trophies.

IMHO Cam has lacked that consistent killer mentality. Brady has it. Rodgers has it. Jordan had it. Kobe had it.

He has to look himself in the mirror and tell himself this isn't fun. This isn't a game. You sir are a professional and this is WAR.

You talking about the mentality thats been sucked out of him? The "pouting", the words exchanged with teammates during losing, the walking away being pissed off after losing the SB... All the things they said he can't and shouldn't do. I don't recall Ron when being asked about it telling them to suck a fat one either. I recall the we talked to him, control ya emotions response though

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I Hope he comes back

But right now he has shown nothing to believe.  Heck national writers and some local writers are in the same boat

Im guessing you just kept on keeping on believing in Jimmy Clausen until Cam took over?

This is only week 2. Give it time and we will see at the end of the season. I honestly don’t care for opinions of sports writers, whether good or good. They are like me, they have an opinion too

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Panthers fans think they have it the worst. This franchise is only 25 years old. Take one glance at Browns fans and Bills fans over the years.

Nut up or log out.

And I will guarantee you at least 95% of their fan bases didn't believe in their QB's. Didn't mean they had to stop being fans of their teams.

Just now, TheRed said:

Nut up or log out.

Yes there have been worst franchises 

But we're not fans of those franchises, we're fans of of This franchise.   And when the QB has looked lioe he os done, the nati9nal media has seen it, the local media, he11the dam person who runs this site you come to post it believes it could be

You have to take those galsses off.  Cam has not look right.  You can hope he comes back but until he shows anything, you have to go with the facts.  And the facts are he hasnt looked right, he HasNT shown touch beyond 15 yards, he HAS looked hesitant to throw it deep then when the media questioned him he tried to prove them wrong slinging it 10 yards over guys heads.  The staff is hesitant to even run him, something is wrong

If it looks like poo, smells like poo, taste like poo.  Its poo, no matter how much you BELIEVE its not

30 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Can has one bad game (where he still throws for 300 yards and nearly has a game winning drive) and people act like he’s had the Peyton Manning 35 yard, 5 int game.

So you’re looking at Cam and thinking there’s nothing off? Anyone with eyes can see he isn’t the same football player, hasn’t been the same for quite some time. I’m hoping that it’s just a matter of getting in a rhythm and fully healing from his surgery and sprain. This long break should be plenty of time for that so I think the Cards game will show us whether we have Superman or a guy who needs to find something else to do.

2 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

This is only week 2. Give it time and we will see at the end of the season. I honestly don’t care for opinions of sports writers, whether good or good. They are like me, they have an opinion too

It week 2 he still looks the same

The staff looks hesitant of him

Teams have figured him out like Tampa and will stack the box and force him to hit shots down field in man coverage no help, where he hasnt shown he could in 2 seasons.

Yes its still early but the alarms have been going off and the signs have been pointing not positive 

2 minutes ago, beastson said:

You talking about the mentality thats been sucked out of him? The "pouting", the words exchanged with teammates during losing, the walking away being pissed off after losing the SB... All the things they said he can't and shouldn't do. I don't recall Ron when being asked about it telling them to suck a fat one either. I recall the we talked to him, control ya emotions response though

I don't think he's ever had that mentality or needed because he was so much more physically talented. If he's going to change his game and last another 5-10 years this has to be his JOB, not a game or fun or light.

He has to grow up.

Just now, rippadonn said:

I don't think he's ever had that mentality or needed because he was so much more physically talented. If he's going to change his game and last another 5-10 years this has to be his JOB, not a game or fun or light.

He has to grow up.

Dude you bugging

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Nut up or log out.

I dont give 2 $hits abiut the browns etc

Im a Panthers fan, I care about my team not the suffering of the others.  So when Jimmy Clausen was sucking, when Jake looked done.  I didnt say keeping believing or get off.  I faced the facts and just hoped some miracle happened.   I didnt say "well look at the Brownsand the other teams suffering"  while Clausen, Moore, and Carr were sucking it up

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Yes there have been worst franchises 

But we're not fans of those franchises, we're fans of of This franchise.   And when the QB has looked lioe he os done, the nati9nal media has seen it, the local media, he11the dam person who runs this site you come to post it believes it could be

You have to take those galsses off.  Cam has not look right.  You can hope he comes back but until he shows anything, you have to go with the facts.  And the facts are he hasnt looked right, he HasNT shown touch beyond 15 yards, he HAS looked hesitant to throw it deep then when the media questioned him he tried to prove them wrong slinging it 10 yards over guys heads.  The staff is hesitant to even run him, something is wrong

If it looks like poo, smells like poo, taste like poo.  Its poo, no matter how much you BELIEVE its not

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I dont give 2 $hits abiut the browns etc

Im a Panthers fan, I care about my team not the suffering of the others.  So when Jimmy Clausen was sucking, when Jake looked done.  I didnt say keeping believing or get off.  I faced the facts and just hoped some miracle happened.   I didnt say "well look at the Brownsand the other teams suffering"  while Clausen, Moore, and Carr were sucking it up

If Newton is actually done then we've likely got years ahead of us to be sunken and miserable. If the striking history of bad teams like those I just mentioned is indicative of anything, it's going to be a long and depressing ride unless we somehow strike gold again and back into another QB of Cam's caliber. But how likely do you think that is eh? Think there is a Patrick Mahomes out there waiting to come to Carolina?

How you feel is how you feel, but you get what you give.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

If Newton is actually done then we've likely got years ahead of us to be sunken and miserable. If the striking history of bad teams like those I just mentioned is indicative of anything, it's going to be a long and depressing ride unless we somehow strike gold again and back into another QB of Cam's caliber. But how likely do you think that is eh? Think there is a Patrick Mahomes out there waiting to come to Carolina?

How you feel is how you feel, but you get what you give.

You act like we are the Dolphins etc where the whole cupbard is bare

No CMC, no Moore, No Samuel, no Bradberry, no Burns (who's looked promising), no Trai Turner, no Luke

We have Pieces and bringing in a new QB with the guys arkund wont be like what your saying

He11 look at the Eagles with Wents and Rams with Goff

Archived