• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick thread on high-level aspects of Cam Newton's play first two weeks

Saca312

On 10/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, Nesbro1 said:

Lol the subtle racism in the media?

They weren't racist towards

Warren Moon 

Patrick Mahomes

Doug Williams 

Steve McNair 

Russell Wilson 

Deshaun Watson 

Didn't seem racist towards Culpeper 

Don't seem racist towards Lamar Jackson.

Just towards Cam. Hmmmmm

Cam is different QB than all of those listed. He hasn't conformed to the typical QB of those listed. His personality isn't liked at all bc he isn't fake ...he isn't trying to please the good old boys and if u think color the skin does not play a part in this then your blind. Cam was the biggest talk since enter the league pretty much ..whether good or bad the guy had it all seems like killer smile championship at every level. Nfl robbed him of that moment no way this guy getting in that circle. Cam has always given his all even when the NFL let guys just take headshots. They couldn't break his will so let's go for the body. Now it's just a slow death. Almost 10 yrs but starting to break down. Time is not Cams friend.

13 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The post was your pitiful attempt to stick.up for your player and present a very biased view of what is going on selectively picking what furthers your agenda.  The problem is that you had to pick.rhe worst of a backup QB with 3 games experience versus what few plays you could find where Cam actually played decently this year to make a very weak case that Cam is a foot injury away from being 100%. 

And now you are backpedalling after being called out on your decided biased take. The secret to a post is pointing out both sides of an argument while giving more credence to your particular point of view. But  posts which are grossly biased  masquarading as clear evidence gets summarily  dismissed if it doesn't hold up to even a casual eye test.  And as much as you try to keep spinning it, it was a  transparent attempt to criticize Allen and boost Cam which at this point is really unnecessary. Cam will play again when he is 100% which from my viewpoint doesn't appear to be anytime soon. If he isn't at  the game in Sunday you have to wonder what is going on.

Don't think he was trying to bash Allen but only show those that Cam is still a good QB just a hurt QB and while Allen is winning he is making mistakes while everybody is clamouring about Allen being a better QB than Newton. Some are just saying period even when Newton is healthy preinjury Cam. I for one was glad to see the analysis on Cam bc it shows he is still there just truly may be hampered by the foot injury...I saw no backpedaling. Yes Cams been in the league 9yrs be for this season started Cam said he felt like a rookie. Cam has never been this limited in his whole career. To think he would come out and set the world on fire without really a true off season workout was not realistic. Ron sure hoped Cam could put back on that cape like that but even Superman rested from his near death experience kryptonite. Cam needs time to heal then we will see.

We both agree Cam needs to heal up so when he returns he is 100%. It isn't fair to rush him and then judge him which is what would happen. He needs to make sure he can deliver a big performance weekly. Otherwise it is hard to pay him 20 million if he isn't the Cam of old. And that is what he is playing for.  His future here. 

3 hours ago, SBiii said:

For a RB or WR or DB possibly......the QB needs to work on timing with his receivers and such.....

.....if Cam begins practicing on Tuesday and then starts on the 27th he will fail miserably

Based on what?  I am fairly certain there is no data that supports this.  I strongly feel this is just a "I want Cam to fail" argument.

23 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The post was your pitiful attempt to stick.up for your player and present a very biased view of what is going on selectively picking what furthers your agenda.  The problem is that you had to pick.rhe worst of a backup QB with 3 games experience versus what few plays you could find where Cam actually played decently this year to make a very weak case that Cam is a foot injury away from being 100%. 

And now you are backpedalling after being called out on your decided biased take. The secret to a post is pointing out both sides of an argument while giving more credence to your particular point of view. But  posts which are grossly biased  masquarading as clear evidence gets summarily  dismissed if it doesn't hold up to even a casual eye test.  And as much as you try to keep spinning it, it was a  transparent attempt to criticize Allen and boost Cam which at this point is really unnecessary. Cam will play again when he is 100% which from my viewpoint doesn't appear to be anytime soon. If he isn't at  the game in Sunday you have to wonder what is going on.

I'm just glad someone else on here calls Saca out for his bull poo other than myself. I'm so exhausted with the same bull poo agenda this dude has. Wish he would go away, no one missed him, and no one would miss him if he left again. 

On 10/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, Saca312 said:

It kind of is funny how quick many have turned on Cam and think he's done. I honestly think all that he needs to get better from is his plant foot until he's at 100%. Only reason he couldn't "throw deep" is precisely because he couldn't step in to throw. @ellis went over that a while back on twitter as well.

Additionally, a guy who's well respected in film watching and knowing their stuff believes similarly as well. He goes over some high level aspects of Cam Newton's play that still existed from the first two weeks. Obviously, it wasn't sustainable with a poor plant foot and being played to the ground by the coaching staff, but it goes to show that the MVP-esque Cam we saw during the 6-2 run isn't done.

He also contrasts it with Allen's play a bit. Giving credit when due, and showing how Allen lacks a bit of the same processing Cam Newton does.

source.gif

1 hour ago, JakeDel5674 said:

I'm just glad someone else on here calls Saca out for his bull poo other than myself. I'm so exhausted with the same bull poo agenda this dude has. Wish he would go away, no one missed him, and no one would miss him if he left again. 

I wasn't criticizing everything just that post.  Because it was too biased. We need all kinds of posters on this board. If everyone thought the same thing it would be pretty boring.

22 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I wasn't criticizing everything just that post.  Because it was too biased. We need all kinds of posters on this board. If everyone thought the same thing it would be pretty boring.

I just get tired of his delusional positivity and his bias post. There's no in between with him. 

Archived