• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

Big win Sunday, especially after getting on a plane to Detroit following a Saturday night win. Easy let down game. 

Saturday night was no easy feat, either. Going down 2 early, they stayed patient and came back. They sure weren't making the same, sloppy passes thru the middle of the ice that cost them against Philly.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:45 PM, Anybodyhome said:

Big win Sunday, especially after getting on a plane to Detroit following a Saturday night win. Easy let down game. 

Saturday night was no easy feat, either. Going down 2 early, they stayed patient and came back. They sure weren't making the same, sloppy passes thru the middle of the ice that cost them against Philly.

We have a tough time with Philly for some reason.

I’ll be at the game tonight here in Boston. Hope we can take care of business against the B’s, they’ve been very hot lately but in my opinion are definitely beatable and haven’t beaten too many teams with our style of play or that are as good as us. Need Mrazek to be on his A game though, can’t allow any softies.

21 hours ago, t96 said:

I’ll be at the game tonight here in Boston. Hope we can take care of business against the B’s, they’ve been very hot lately but in my opinion are definitely beatable and haven’t beaten too many teams with our style of play or that are as good as us. Need Mrazek to be on his A game though, can’t allow any softies.

Played Boston toe-to-toe for 57 minutes. Had their opportunities and just couldn't get one past Halak. Not quite sure why Carolina played Reimer instead of Mrazek.

That's 2 consecutive games Reimer has given up goals late in the game. Saturday night against Florida, Carolina goes into the final period up 3-0 and he gave up 2. Last night was 2 in less than 2 minutes. Seems like he just loses his edge or concentration late in games.

Boston is an elite squad and you cannot give them anything. Carolina really stuck with them all night and I was hoping for OT because I think Carolina would have ended it quickly 4-on-4.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Played Boston toe-to-toe for 57 minutes. Had their opportunities and just couldn't get one past Halak. Not quite sure why Carolina played Reimer instead of Mrazek.

That's 2 consecutive games Reimer has given up goals late in the game. Saturday night against Florida, Carolina goes into the final period up 3-0 and he gave up 2. Last night was 2 in less than 2 minutes. Seems like he just loses his edge or concentration late in games.

Boston is an elite squad and you cannot give them anything. Carolina really stuck with them all night and I was hoping for OT because I think Carolina would have ended it quickly 4-on-4.

Reimer was great and was also great against Tampa on the road. Can’t blame him at all for the loss at Boston or Tampa coming back (their record may not be as good so far this year but they’re every bit as good as they were last year and their offense and PP is deadly). 

The first goal allowed was on Gardiner and was just a lucky bounce for the Bruins. Tough one to allow but I think that’s the type of goal that we won’t allow later in the year when the newer guys have chemistry with the team and have bought into the system. 

The second goal came down to something that’s been a trend early this year and that’s kind of giving up or getting sloppy when things don’t go our way. Play great for 55 minutes, allow one goal and then get out of sorts. That should never happen and it didn’t happen at all last year or in our first couple weeks. Since that early stretch though this has happened too much. I don’t know how it’ll be solved but I think it may be partly due to Staal being captain. He’s a terrible captain. I’d love if we get Williams back at some point and even if he doesn’t get his C back if he takes back his leadership role that may help.

Missing Necas and Haula has not helped at all either...

14 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

I want to kill Thornton.

That was a shot which would have earned 90% of the rest of the league a game misconduct. But it's a 40-year old seasoned vet, and much like the NBA, superstars can get away with a 4-step travel halfway down the court.

On a brighter note- great shootout victory, although I think the Canes can beat anyone 3-on-3 with their speed and spacing and I was hoping to end it in OT.

3 hours ago, Kuechly&Moore said:

We need to pick up at least 6 points on this road tilt.

Let’s start by sending a message tonight against the overrated Oilers. Necas back should be significant and I like Gauthier being called back up for some more physicality on the bottom line. And if Aho, TT, and Svech keep playing the way they have lately we’re in good shape. Would be nice to have Haula but let him get right so we can have him down the stretch.

Archived