• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will QB7 haters continue (to attempt) to try to drag this team down?

SBiii

What say ye?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye?

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

And get banned. No thanks. 

Oh fug off, how would you get banned for that? You literally aren’t getting banned for trying to start fuging flame wars you won’t get banned for calling out people who are hating and hope Allen fails fuging spineless trolls 

You really can't have a realistic take on Allen without being labeled a hater. The kid threw for 53%, 2 TD, 1 INT, and underthrew almost all his passes downfield today. There were several that should have been picked, one that bounced off the DB several times. Allen threw into double and triple coverage several times today. It's just reality.

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

You really can't have a realistic take on Allen without being labeled a hater. The kid threw for 53%, 2 TD, 1 INT, and underthrew almost all his passes downfield today. There were several that should have been picked, one that bounced off the DB several times. Allen threw into double and triple coverage several times today. It's just reality.

Exactly

12 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

6-1

EDIT:  The MOMENT Cam is ready to play I FULLY endorse putting him back in as a starter straight away! 

11 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think anyone is hating on Allen but we have to be realistic and honest about his ability. He just is not that impressive. Great backup to have though

6-1

EDIT:  The MOMENT Cam is ready to play I FULLY endorse putting him back in as a starter straight away!

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think anyone is hating on Allen but we have to be realistic and honest about his ability. He just is not that impressive. Great backup to have though

And that’s all I’ve ever called him. I got called out last week by some folks about Kyle Allen as if I were part of some sort of anointment committee. I’m satisfied with my analysis of Allen. It’s been consistent since the summer, and he is doing just about as well as I imagined he would, though there is still room for considerable improvement in some areas. 

He did make some quality throws today. Those should not be overlooked. And I refuse to overlook those to fit a narrative. Just as I refused to overlook the handful of bad passes he made to fit a narrative. I don’t have an agenda. I just see what I see.

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

(i) Yes the "Panthers are 6-1".

(ii) Not a indicator of how well allen is playing...

(iii)  if Cam was completing 53% of his passes u would be calling for his head.

(i) Yes they are.

(ii)  Nonsense.

(iii)  Total nonsense.

Why are you trying to drag this team down when they are on such a good roll?

NOTE:  The MOMENT Cam is ready to play I FULLY endorse putting him back in as a starter straight away!

Frankly I was more impressed by Allen in this game than in any of his previous games.  The Titans are a very good defense.  Importantly, he had a bit of a rough overall start, but bounced back.  He put together two very nice drives, and kept the offense moving at various points later in the game.  He was, of course, aided by another amazing performance by CMC, but Allen made clutch throws on many drives to sustain them, and he moved better in the pocket.   Just as was the case so often with Cam, focusing purely on a stat like completion percentage fails to tell the story of how he actually played... on the balance, Allen played well.  But I am judging Allen as a young QB, and I don't expect him to play like he is a seasoned veteran. 

Allen's game has some weaknesses right now, but he is getting better every week...  So we'll see how he improves in future weeks.  At least the team is in good enough hands while Cam heals.

Archived