• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

bigpoppa

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

If I did that at my job I'd get fired

Edit: And go to jail

Are you paid millions of dollars to tackle other people who are paid millions of dollars to avoid tackles? Do you regularly have inter company competitions that afford you the opportunity to tackle coworkers from other offices? Have you ever been in a heated physical contest that you were paid millions of dollars for, with millions of people watching? Nope. 

Why do some of you constantly compare the NFL to your job. They're not comparable on any level, other than you both get paid, but that's tenuous at best. 

17 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Are you paid millions of dollars to tackle other people who are paid millions of dollars to avoid tackles? Do you regularly have inter company competitions that afford you the opportunity to tackle coworkers from other offices? Have you ever been in a heated physical contest that you were paid millions of dollars for, with millions of people watching? Nope. 

Why do some of you constantly compare the NFL to your job. They're not comparable on any level, other than you both get paid, but that's tenuous at best. 

Well in hockey which equally physical players have been criminally charged for hitting someone in the head with stick. Same thing and more severe punishment 

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

So he gets 3 games for jumping on a player, punching him, and kicking him while Garrett gets suspended indefinitely. No favoritism there. None at all. 

if there was any I don't think that suspension indicates it.  The situation was such that 3 games seems fair for Pouncey, and indefinitely is appropriate for Garrett as I suspect his reinstatement will be granted in the offseason.

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

if there was any I don't think that suspension indicates it.  The situation was such that 3 games seems fair for Pouncey, and indefinitely is appropriate for Garrett as I suspect his reinstatement will be granted in the offseason.

So you can punch and kick someone on the ground and only get 3 games. While swinging a helmet is that's much more horrible it gets indefinite. Or just maybe the NFL wants to make sure the Browns don't beat the Steelers twice. Seems so if Pouncey gets 3, Rudolph gets nothing, and the Browns lose their player for this season and probably a few games next season. 

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Seems fair? By what twisted logic? He sucker punched Garrett, multiple times, then kicked him in the head, for something Garrett did to another player. If you want to get tough on player fights after the whistle, suspend them both. Stop with this, "he was just being a good teammate!" nonsense. A good teammate would have made sure they were properly separated, and kept his yappy dog QB from coming after Garrett after Garrett had been pulled away. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

Well in hockey which equally physical players have been criminally charged for hitting someone in the head with stick. Same thing and more severe punishment 

That wasn't the point of my comment. However, there is plenty of violence in hockey that goes unpunished off the ice. Either way, my/your job, and that of a professional athlete playing a violent sport, are in almost no way comparable. 

2 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Seems fair? By what twisted logic? He sucker punched Garrett, multiple times, then kicked him in the head, for something Garrett did to another player. If you want to get tough on player fights after the whistle, suspend them both. Stop with this, "he was just being a good teammate!" nonsense. A good teammate would have made sure they were properly separated, and kept his yappy dog QB from coming after Garrett after Garrett had been pulled away. 

Exactly all three should have been suspended but the NFL wants to make sure the Steelers have a chance at the playoffs like every year. While punishing the Browns for beating them. 

Archived