• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Rivalry

WarHeel

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Honestly think Seahawks had been a bigger rival than our NFCS rivals in recent years. Met twice in playoffs and it seemed like every single year once in regular season.

Yeah.  People can't understand why I hate the Seahawks so much up here in Tacoma.  None of them believe we really have a rivalry...we are kinda an after thought to them honestly.

Just now, PantherPhann89 said:

Personally, I'd say the Falcons, not out off competition but I've despised them since Matt Ryan yelled, GTF off our field after beating us. We'r won the next game and Greg Hardy repaid the favor. 

after we were out of the playoff hunt?  Thats the Panthers for you.

48 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

GB vs CHI ain’t poo compared to UNC vs Duke

Amen brother. Preach. 

That's the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Proximity. Depth of tradition. Both programs consistently excellent. Game after game of top level nail biting competition. Packed arenas going nuts. It is the rivalry all other rivalries secretly long to be.

5 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Personally, I'd say the Falcons, not out off competition but I've despised them since Matt Ryan yelled, GTF off our field after beating us. We'r won the next game and Greg Hardy repaid the favor. 

Don't worry, we made Matt poo his pants at some point.  I love seeing the Falcons fail...even more so than the Saints.

7 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Amen brother. Preach. 

That's the greatest rivalry in all of sports. Proximity. Depth of tradition. Both programs consistently excellent. Game after game of top level nail biting competition. Packed arenas going nuts. It is the rivalry all other rivalries secretly long to be.

The fact that there’s like +1 game overall margin of victory all time is just insane 

34 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Back to Back remains undefeated against the Panthers.

It really is amazing.

Since 2005:

Saints have done it twice.  3-in-a-row 2009-2011...back-to-back 2017-2018.

Falcons twice.  5-in-a-row 2008-2012....back-to-back 2016-2017.

Bucs once.  Back-to-back 2007-2008.

EDIT:

Seahawks.  5-straight 2003-2007.  7-straight 2012-2018.

35 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

The fact that there’s like +1 game overall margin of victory all time is just insane 

Yeah. Just shows you what an intensely competitive even rivalry it is and has been over time. One of my favorite stories about it is from the year Coach K was out and his assistant Pete Gaudet had to take over. He was talking to a reporter shortly before tipoff of the Carolina game, which had been moved to a 9pm tipoff on a weekday so that as much national tv audience could be captured as possible. The reporter complained about the late tipoff time making it hard for him to file his story by deadline. Gaudet responded "Yeah, gotta do something about these late tipoffs.  We should already be in the middle of the second overtime by now."

You already know what happened. The game went to double overtime.

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Amen brother. Preach. 

Exactly. No others compare. Especially pro sports 

Archived