• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why blame Marty?

Matt62881

22 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Its always the same group on here that is so negative lol

It’s more like ignorant. 

This same group praised the hell out of what Hurney did in terms of OL signings this offseason. These same dudes wanted to pay Moton (who has been getting beat like a drum on a few plays each week recently) like a franchise RT before this season. They crowned the Paradis signing as one of the best offseason moves by any GM. 

Hurney was able to find 2 LT’s in the draft. Daley has shown he is capable of playing the position. Little imo is a little bit behind Daley but both are more than serviceable. 

I thought our OL was in decent shape coming into this season so I’m not going to sh!t all over Hurney when I was wrong myself. But good luck trying to get these kids to admit the same thing.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The Daryl Williams that Hurney (you are defending him in this very thread) signed in the offseason?

What exactly have you seen over the past 3 years that leads you to believe that Cam can get any kind of healthy again?  What world are you living in where Cam suits up for this team next season without an extension?

Do you peddle in hopes and dreams in your real life?

Williams was a mistake another gamble..i peddle in reality in my real life hopefully you do too outside of being a keyboard warrior. You peddle in ignorance....

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s more like ignorant. 

This same group praised the hell out of what Hurney did in terms of OL signings this offseason. These same dudes wanted to pay Moton (who has been getting beat like a drum on a few plays each week recently) like a franchise RT before this season. They crowned the Paradis signing as one of the best offseason moves by any GM. 

Hurney was able to find 2 LT’s in the draft. Daley has shown he is capable of playing the position. Little imo is a little bit behind Daley but both are more than serviceable. 

I thought our OL was in decent shape coming into this season so I’m not going to sh!t all over Hurney when I was wrong myself. But good luck trying to get these kids to admit the same thing.

Our oline would have been at the very least above average if not for injuries, that's why im saying let hurney work on it one more year, he is aware it is a problem. I bet he fixes it depth and all, but they wanna tear it all down.

29 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Its always the same group on here that is so negative lol

These people are Gettleman fan boys. They never post unless the thread is about some player Hurney brought in. Imo, they should just move to the New York Giants message board and celebrate their 2-8 season.

13 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Our oline would have been at the very least above average if not for injuries, that's why im saying let hurney work on it one more year, he is aware it is a problem. I bet he fixes it depth and all, but they wanna tear it all down.

Yep.

A GM can only provide the coach with players not tell him how to use them. Rivera had Daley sitting there the first couple games of the season and chose to roll out Williams at LT. That’s on Rivera. Barrett can thank Williams for whatever pay check he receives after this year. He was invisible the second time we played Tampa. 

I have no idea why Moton had to “catch his breath” yesterday. He better have been kicked in the nuts or something that actually required him to miss a play but Rivera stuck Williams out there at RT who immediately got destroyed. 

Let’s not forget that the majority of people were pleased when Hurney brought back Williams. So again, at this point this is all on Ron. Hurney did a solid job this offseason. This roster has gone 5-3 with freaking Kyle Allen had QB that says A LOT.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

No kidding. Remember the crowning of the 2019 draft class a few weeks ago? The 2018 and 2019 draft classes aren’t looking so amazing right now. Same thing with all the amazing FA signings that don’t seem all that special anymore. Maybe they will develop but they aren’t looking as great as some people wanted to make it seem. 

2017 isn't looking great either. Samuel sucks, Moton sucks, Armah sucks, Corn Elder sucks, Daeshon Hall is somewhere playing semi-pro football. 

Funny how a couple losses in a row can change the narrative.

20 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Well what i want to happen wont keep us out of contention for god knows how long...yall want a complete tear down and rebuild well i hope you dont get what you wish for because by the time we are good again luke will be old and who knows if cmc will be here.

So you’re good with 7-9 as long as Luke and CMC are here. 3 playoff teams in 14 tries. What are you expecting to happen? Sudden success?

17 minutes ago, Car123 said:

These people are Gettleman fan boys. They never post unless the thread is about some player Hurney brought in. Imo, they should just move to the New York Giants message board and celebrate their 2-8 season.

You really want to do this again you complete hypocritical speck. Let’s do your post history and see what happens.  Let me know when you’re ready.....

5 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Do it :)

OK. Show one post where you aren’t completely 100% biased in everything involved with Hurney. You and Krovvy have been doing this forever. I can point out numerous times I’ve bashed Gettleman and praised Hurney. Can you say the same in the other direction. Absolutely not. Which is why you calling out an opinion as flawed because they are “fanboys” is hypocritical. When you are as biased as any poster is on here about anything. 

19 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

A GM can only provide the coach with players not tell him how to use them. Rivera had Daley sitting there the first couple games of the season and chose to roll out Williams at LT. That’s on Rivera. Barrett can thank Williams for whatever pay check he receives after this year. He was invisible the second time we played Tampa. 

At what point though do you look at the coach's tendencies and see that he has a history of not putting the players in a position to succeed? He's played Cam through 3 injuries that should have shut him down, but he didn't, then pretended like he had no idea. His talent evaluation has been questionable at best, I'd say borderline horrific. He may be a player's coach, but that doesn't put W's in the column. 

At some point, you have to look at Rivera and say he's not getting the job done. It's his job to say it's time to move on. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

At what point though do you look at the coach's tendencies and see that he has a history of not putting the players in a position to succeed? He's played Cam through 3 injuries that should have shut him down, but he didn't, then pretended like he had no idea. His talent evaluation has been questionable at best, I'd say borderline horrific. He may be a player's coach, but that doesn't put W's in the column. 

At some point, you have to look at Rivera and say he's not getting the job done. It's his job to say it's time to move on. 

I’ve wanted Rivera gone since 2014. I can’t stand anything he does. I really hope neither of my posts in this thread came across like I was defending Rivera because he needs to go. IMO he’s truly what’s wrong with this team. Everything you mentioned is a big part of it.

Archived