• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen Statistical Rankings

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I know you guys are want to throw cheap shots at each other in this thread but let's try to avoid it. I am aware that plenty of people have baggage from other threads but we can talk about this objectively without getting too heated. 

And, no, this is not the worst OL we have ever had. I could look into it but I believe they are performing better than last season(not sure, TBH). 

I am not throwing cheap shots I used a stat line to show Cam had one of those 4 interception games as a rookie also.  Did you call Cam bad cause of it, or did you say he needs to learn the game and rookie mistakes.

2 minutes ago, cmichd said:

I am not throwing cheap shots I used a stat line to show Cam had one of those 4 interception games as a rookie also.  Did you call Cam bad cause of it, or did you say he needs to learn the game and rookie mistakes.

The difference is that I am not using one game, I am using the entire year to judge Kyle. 

And, as for Cam, I made the quote, "Drafting Cam will be the biggest mistake in franchise history" prior to the draft. I happily ate that crow but I was definitely skeptical of him. Cam also didn't have nearly this poor of a statistical year(so far) as Kyle has. 

59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Also tied for the 7th most fumbles in the NFL. 

30th of 33 in Passer Rating.

30th of 32 in QBR.

My point being, to the people pushing this idea that it was "one bad game." No, he's been average to below average all season. 

For perspective, of those ranking below him, how many of those are first and second year QBs?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

I would also submit this metric(which I really, really like) for Team Pass Block Win Rate and you will see some elite QB's are not getting good pass protection. One of which is an MVP candidate and that bottom 12 group features five teams that have some of the leagues best records. 

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I know you guys are want to throw cheap shots at each other in this thread but let's try to avoid it. I am aware that plenty of people have baggage from other threads but we can talk about this objectively without getting too heated. 

And, no, this is not the worst OL we have ever had. I could look into it but I believe they are performing better than last season(not sure, TBH). 

Nah it’s not about that you presented purely factual based evidence and when people start dismissing it for narrative there’s an issue. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

The difference is that I am not using one game, I am using the entire year to judge Kyle. 

And, as for Cam, I made the quote, "Drafting Cam will be the biggest mistake in franchise history" prior to the draft. I happily ate that crow but I was definitely skeptical of him. Cam also didn't have nearly this poor of a statistical year(so far) as Kyle has. 

Yes he did and he had a better line also his rookie year with Gross (LT), Wharton (LG), Kalil (C), Schwartz (RG), and Otah (RT).  Even as up and down as Otah was he is better than Williams at RT and Little is no where as close to Gross in his rookie year.  I wanted Wilson in 2011 since Luck didn't come out of Stanford as QB.  Better leader and passer than Cam.  

Just now, cmichd said:

Yes he did and he had a better line also his rookie year with Gross (LT), Wharton (LG), Kalil (C), Schwartz (RG), and Otah (RT).  Even as up and down as Otah was he is better than Williams at RT and Little is no where as close to Gross in his rookie year.  I wanted Wilson in 2011 since Luck didn't come out of Stanford as QB.  Better leader and passer than Cam.  

Wilson came out in 2012 with Luck.

3 minutes ago, cmichd said:

I am not sure I can trust your recollections. You might want to look at those statistics from Cam's rookie year and compare them to THIS year for Kyle. The difference is going to be stark.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure I can trust your recollections. You might want to look at those statistics from Cam's rookie year and compare them to THIS year for Kyle. The difference is going to be stark.

I provide the link to my post.  I am not judging stats for the each's rookie year.  That sir would be foolish.  I just looked up whose was on the line 2011.  I knew Gross and Kalil were there but wasn't sure of Whaton, Schwartz, and Otah.

Archived