• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So how bad was Kyle Allen's performance?

FeelTheBurns53

Matthew Stafford has five career 4 INT games

Joe Namath had three career 6 int games (yep, no lie), and four career 5 int games (yep, no lie there as well) 

Ken Stabler had a 7 int game. He also had five career 5 int games (that's right, 5!!!!) 

Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Vinnie Testaverde all had 6 int games. Vinny Testaverde also had four 5 int games!! 

Drew Bledsoe, Joe Theismann, Jake Delhomme, John Elway, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Russell Wilson, Terry Bradshaw, Johnny Unitas, Daunte Culpepper, Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Rich Gannon, Tony Romo, Dan Marino, Archie manning, Jay cutler, Troy Aikman. Jim Plunkett, Joe Flacco, Warren moon all had 5 int games!!! 

And of those 24 QBs I listed with 5 int games, 20 of those QBs had multi 5 int games!! Yes, more than 80% of those quarterbacks threw five interceptions twice!!! 

So what's the point of this thread you ask? Well it's to point out that those hall of famers, future hall of famers, all pros, pro bowlers, and whatever other accolades and prestige you can think of to go along with those household names, all have had multiple shitty ass games where coaches and fans didn't give up on them simply bc they shat the bed a few times in their career, especially not after games in their rookie years. 

And the funny thing is, I didn't even include 4 int games (aside from Stafford) which is what Kyle had on Sunday, bc that would literally take me an eternity to list the 2,453,545,533,342 qbs who've done that. 

So to all the doubters and haters, Kyle Allen is still our guy, and to anyone who says otherwise, well, words aren't even needed bc there's still 6 games left, and he'll have all you guys buying in again come January. 

#KeepPounding

Just now, WOW!! said:

God this thread is trash.. lol

Also, I did not see you post, so no I didnt start mine with your name lol.

But agreed, this misses the mark so hard, and just highlights this disillusion people have here.

And he will play it off as a strength of fandom the he as vs Nyone who disagrees.

It's getting very childlike at this point 

Just now, Oldmanrivera said:

WOW!

Were they their 5th game game against a 2-7 team with the worst passing defense in the league.

Jesus christ. No one is rooting against Kyle, but you folks want to create this narrative that we are rooting to see him fail just because we dont buy into skewed perspective.

Or the narrative that this is the next Brett Farve and we just have to deal with him while he becomes this HOFer.. lol

What has he done to gather this much loyalty and belief..

I'm not rooting against him but reality check.. He's a good backup QB not a HOFer...

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Or the narrative that this is the next Brett Farve and we just have to deal with him while he becomes this HOFer.. lol

What has he done to gather this much loyalty and belief..

I'm not rooting against him but reality check.. He's a good backup QB not a HOFer...

My favorite part in all is

Cam smashing poo left and right............

Why his clothes tho

Cam playing while injured...........

TRADEEEE, LETS RIDE THE HOT HAND (hand heated by CMC)

It's so goddamn comical at this point, that you have to be an idiot or worse to ride that narrative.

Not calling them either, it's their choice to be either of those, and I'd respect an idiot over the latter.

Pretty bad, but he's basically a rookie. It happens. And let's be real, the O-Line was sh-t.

Here's the concern: The best thing about Allen to date had been that he generally didn't get rattled, had a short memory, fought back against adversity, etc.

I didn't really see that yesterday.

Now, if that's an isolated thing, cool.

If it's the start of him getting David Carr'd, not so much.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty bad, but he's basically a rookie. It happens. And let's be real, the O-Line was sh-t.

Here's the concern: The best thing about Allen to date had been that he generally didn't get rattled, had a short memory, fought back against adversity, etc.

I didn't really see that yesterday.

Now, if that's an isolated thing, cool.

If it's the start of him getting David Carr'd, not so much.

I agree, more needs to be seen.

But I'm just confused as to what people are seeing, that has made this a discussion of him being a good or bad qb, and not a good or bad backup.

CJ Anderson won us a bunch of games, when the team played on the fact that it was a backup on the field.

At no time were there mass cries to make him the starter.

What win has Kyle had, that looks as if he played better tha CJ, and why would it be currently driving a QB "controversy" ?

12 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

I agree, more needs to be seen.

But I'm just confused as to what people are seeing, that has made this a discussion of him being a good or bad qb, and not a good or bad backup.

CJ Anderson won us a bunch of games, when the team played on the fact that it was a backup on the field.

At no time were there mass cries to make him the starter.

What win has Kyle had, that looks as if he played better tha CJ, and why would it be currently driving a QB "controversy" ?

CJ Anderson didn't really play all that much. He got a few carries early and then disappeared.

As to Allen, I've said before there are three steps I follow when evaluating a player.

Is he good enough to play in the NFL

Yes, he is.

How good is he?

Still a question mark. Early returns looked promising and he has shown improvement, but he might be fading down the stretch (admittedly, sh-tty OL play makes this harder to evaluate)

How long is he going to be good?

Hard to really answer this one until you've answered the second one, but it's arguably the most important of the three, and easily the most difficult. RelativeIy simple to evaluate how good someone is now. Knowing how good they'll be five years from now? Unless you're Miss Cleo, not so much.

The one thing I would say is that the notion of throwing Will Grier into the mix right now is misguided. I said long before the Newton decision that whatever choice the Panthers made, they needed to stick with it no matter what. That hasn't changed.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

CJ Anderson didn't really play all that much. He got a few carries early and then disappeared.

As to Allen, I've said before there are three steps I follow when evaluating a player.

Is he good enough to play in the NFL

Yes, he is.

How good is he?

Still a question mark. Early returns looked promising and he has shown improvement, but he might be fading down the stretch (admittedly, sh-tty OL play makes this harder to evaluate)

How long is he going to be good?

Hard to really answer this one until you've answered the second one, but it's arguably the most important of the three, and easily the most difficult. It's easy to evaluate how good someone is now. Knowing how good they'll be five years from now? Unless you're Miss Cleo, not so much.

The one thing I would say is that the notion of throwing Will Grier into the mix right now is misguided. I said long before the Newton decision that whatever choice the Panthers made, they needed to stick with it no matter what. That hasn't changed.

Crap, I'm actually an idiot and put CJ and not derek Anderson.

I welcome the ridicule that I so rightfully deserve lol

I do love you're well thought out response, even though I'm sure you were confused as to what the fug I was talking about.

4 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Crap, I'm actually an idiot and put CJ and not derek Anderson.

I welcome the ridicule that I so rightfully deserve lol

I do love you're well thought out response, even though I'm sure you were confused as to what the fug I was talking about.

Yeah, I kinda was :)

But with that said, only trolls and dullards took the notion of Derek Anderson usurping the starting spot as a serious option.

My most common quote about that period was that I loved Derek Anderson the Backup. Derek Anderson the Starter? Eeehhh...

Archived