• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This was on the interior DLine. The whole Defense is not devoid of talent!

Matt62881

5 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

dontari poe didnt play today and we gave up 250 yards to one of the worst offenses in the league. every player you said was average or good was on the field... there were also there with poe the other games where the run defense sucked. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me!

As i said above Poe is only average but loosing him was a blow because we have no depth behind him. Ive never seen a rush d look this bad but imo it was mostly because we had guys playing interior that had no business being there. Keek stayed dirty all day. They didn't even need to pass 250 on the ground is alot...plenty really. Thanks for a intelligent reply.

Most people here are too f’ing lazy to actually analyze what’s happening on this team... you’re asking too much. 

It ain’t rocket science, if our terrible d-line could stop the run, put offenses in long 3rd downs where we could utilize our strength at rushing the passer we would be much better.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

As i said above Poe is only average but loosing him was a blow because we have no depth behind him. Ive never seen a rush d look this bad but imo it was mostly because we had guys playing interior that had no business being there. Keek stayed dirty all day. They didn't even need to pass 250 on the ground is alot...plenty really. Thanks for a intelligent reply.

you said everyone was average or good and our defense is clearly not average or good. either today or at any point in this season. the only times the defense has been good has been when teams refuse to run the ball, which it seems as if everyone has learned to do by now.

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Not that he sucks. Just showed how great KK and Star were together. Plus he had TD playing next to him.

I was trying to make a point of there is more talent on this D then everyone seems to get. Missing KK was a big deal, when Mccoy went out it was a big deal. One unit can make the whole D look that bad if that one unit is bad enough.

1 minute ago, Zithers2 said:

you said everyone was average or good and our defense is clearly not average or good. either today or at any point in this season. the only times the defense has been good has been when teams refuse to run the ball, which it seems as if everyone has learned to do by now.

But to say Bradberry sucks because our team cant stop the run is absurd...ect... My point is the d doesnt need a rebuild, it needs to be fixed and used right.

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Most people here are too f’ing lazy to actually analyze what’s happening on this team... you’re asking too much. 

It ain’t rocket science, if our terrible d-line could stop the run, put offenses in long 3rd downs where we could utilize our strength at rushing the passer we would be much better.

My whole point, i just did the analyzing for them, didnt think about them not wanting to read either.

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

D line was fine when healthy, gap discipline is out of control, also lbs aren’t shedding blockers and outside contain is getting exposed.

its coaching

It is hurting our lbs that olineman can get to them so often though. This is the main reason i think our biggest need is interior DL help. Outside contain is easier if the inside is getting push, has vern really gotten better or have we been forced to use him.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

It is hurting our lbs that olineman can get to them so often though. This is the main reason i think our biggest need is interior DL help. Outside contain is easier if the inside is getting push, has vern really gotten better or have we been forced to use him.

The main reason I don’t think it’s the interior is because even when we run blitz, like today when the skins were on the one, rbs still breaks off long runs because blocks aren’t getting shed.

im not opposed to investing into the interior line especially with short and Poe only under contract, but McCoy should be resigned and we should draft a dt high or sign one in fa and release Poe due to cap savings 

56 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

The main reason I don’t think it’s the interior is because even when we run blitz, like today when the skins were on the one, rbs still breaks off long runs because blocks aren’t getting shed.

im not opposed to investing into the interior line especially with short and Poe only under contract, but McCoy should be resigned and we should draft a dt high or sign one in fa and release Poe due to cap savings 

My thoughts exactly!

Archived