• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What advantages are there to firing RR quickly?

AU-panther

25 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Once we’re mathematically eliminated what reason will there be to keep him? Hell you’re doing him a favor by firing him early. Let’s stop with the “it’s disrespectful” to the coach narrative. We haven’t given a damn about the players even when one of the best players in franchise history was shown the door y’all didn’t care about the disrespect. He still gets paid. His family won’t be hungry or starving. You don’t perform you get fired. That’s how the world works. fug his feelings and if anything it sends a message to future coaches that if you come here you better come to win. 

The Rams fired Fisher in the middle of the season, who was a well respected coach around the league similar to Rivera and still got Sean Mcvay 

The Bills fired Rex Ryan mid season. How’d that turn out for them? 

The Eagles fires Chip Kelly with one game left to go in the season and then won a Super Bowl. 

So let’s stop that silly stupid narrative please. 

Hard to argue with this.

18 minutes ago, jtm said:

I’m not as convinced as everyone here that Ron will be fired. I think Hurney is definitely gone. 

This would be a very bad decision. I can't see a reason to keep him. We've seen everything there is to see. Anyone actually think he can get better? He's been given top tier talent and a plethora of resources. He's been given guidance from his boss. He had every opportunity to prepare for the QB situation we find ourselves, without the starter. He's supposed to be one of the best defensive coaches in the league and still winds up with the worst run defense and a losing record and this was after the off-season was spent building the defense and securing talent via free agency and the draft. 

Seriously, I can't believe that Tepper would be sitting there going, "maybe he's in the cusp of getting it. Maybe he just needs one more shot at it and it will all come together."

If it hasn't by now, it won't. You find out what a coach has in the first 5 years of his tenure. If they haven't created a consistent winner in that time, they aren't going to be able to do it. 5 years is ample time to get it figured out.

Archived