• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"In order for me to leave, they got to get rid of me." - Cam

kungfoodude

Just now, mjligon said:

it's the same reason he was posting all the nonsense Nolan Nowracki was saying pre-draft...and leading up to the draft was seriously questioning his character in a suspect manner. 

No surprise he's ready to kick him out like Uncle Phil did Jazzy Jeff

Jim Bob Cooter has all of it well documented

So he alongside Camvp and Snake are known as to why they dislike Newton, not because of injuries, or his play but more so factors you can see just by the eye test. Why are they allowed here then? 

Just now, mjligon said:

it's the same reason he was posting all the nonsense Nolan Nowracki was saying pre-draft...and leading up to the draft was seriously questioning his character in a suspect manner. 

No surprise he's ready to kick him out like Uncle Phil did Jazzy Jeff

Jim Bob Cooter has all of it well documented

By all means, find a post where I questioned his character.

And again, there is no greater sign of stupidity then not being able to distinguish between what someone believes is going to happen versus what they want to happen.

The notion that I'm trying to push him out now is silly. Heck, even if that was what I wanted, that's not something I'd have the power to do.

3 minutes ago, WoahW said:

Cam can absolutely just stay quiet on that front or say he has no say in it. He didn’t l, he expressed multiple times how much he wanted to stay in Carolina. Maybe a team with a different Qb is better suited for you as a fan since for some reason you can’t stand the one we have here? 

Yeah and he did it in front of reporters, not away from them, not off the record. To me, that speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Cam was a franchise quarterback.

Whether he still is one is very much up in the air.

Sure, just like Short could get hurt again next year or Little could have to retire after one year you keep playing the hypotheticals to try and prove your side which doesn’t work since two people are involved Cam and Tepper and both have said the same thing realistically that you “dismiss for your twitter insiders” 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We can all agree that whatever happens is far from happening. That said, I do think that this probably shows that if there was any truth to the "Cam won't play without a new deal" stuff, it probably wasn't coming from Cam. 

I'd guess maybe his agent or just people in the Panthers speculating. That's why I said at the time that even if that was the current rumors, there was a lot of time between then and the decision(which there still is). 

It wouldn't necessarily come from Newton though.

This is why players have agents.

We are in the best possible position of a team in this situation.  He's in a contract year on an extremely team friendly deal, and if he has a great season, we'll get another team friendly deal.  If he doesn't... it won't matter.  People who want him gone are the same type who talk bad about Cam when he had 3 touchdowns in the first half but overthrew someone on a drive.  Never going to like him, and will always apply a biased standard. 

He'll be back, and if we think we're going to win a superbowl anytime in the near future, our best chance will be during CMC's prime window which just opened.  Cam just has to be good enough to get us there, which is more than worth taking a chance on.  

1 minute ago, WoahW said:

Sure, just like Short could get hurt again next year or Little could have to retire after one year you keep playing the hypotheticals to try and prove your side which doesn’t work since two people are involved Cam and Tepper and both have said the same thing realistically that you “dismiss for your twitter insiders” 

You're free to believe what you want.

As I've said many times, it doesn't ultimately affect what's going to happen.

If Cam is healthy and is likely to stay that way for an entire season, I'd love to have him as our QB.  That's my only concern, and one that Tepper has echoed as well.

I am glad Cam doesn't want out of Carolina, but I had no reason to think he did right now.  On the other hand, if it gets to playing on a one year contract, who knows.  people's opinions change, and their agents can have a lot of say at that point.  Hopefully it all works out and he stays a Panther.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wouldn't necessarily come from Newton though.

This is why players have agents.

Valid but the agent works for Cam, not vice versa. My guess is that a lot of that had an agenda behind it if it was from an agent, which is understandable since he wants a good situation for him and his client. If it came from the organization itself, it was probably just idle speculation. 

Either way, we will know in the coming weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

By all means, find a post where I questioned his character.

And again, there is no greater sign of stupidity then not being able to distinguish between what someone believes is going to happen versus what they want to happen.

The notion that I'm trying to push him out now is silly. Heck, even if that was what I wanted, that's not something I'd have the power to do.

You are beyond the point of “acting” their champ. You have dismissed what both Tepper and Cam have said in favor of you narrative it’s pretty clear what you want and what you think will happen even though both parties have contradicted what your stance is and you wave the “well that sounds like media speak”.

Throw in the fact you are literally afraid to say what you would like to happen speaks volumes at least others who don’t want him here admit it and aren’t scared shitless of being wrong/called out on it

Archived