• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we please start Kyle Allen this week so we have a shot at beating the saints!

FeelTheBurns53

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

He overvalued every player last draft. That means draft placement doesn’t really matter at all. 

You think burns was overvalued lol.. I would agree with u on the rest possibly, but we can't question that pick. We had a guy that was rookie of the year first half of the season at 15.

Just now, Harbingers said:

Tell me. Which pick did Hurney not overvalue last year? 

Why is your sample size one draft? Don't you think it's maybe too soon to know if the players drafted will pan out of not? Let's say he reached on all those picks. Why does that mean he will reach all every pick in the upcoming draft? What if he doesn't? What if he makes a home run pick in the 1st round? How in the world are you coming to the conclusion that draft position doesn't matter?

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

You think burns was overvalued lol.. I would agree with u on the rest possibly, but we can't question that pick. We had a guy that was rookie of the year first half of the season at 15.

Burns perhaps, if he can bulk up this offseason. But right now he’s glass and undersized. We’ll see what he does this offseason.

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Why is your sample size one draft?

Because it’s by far his worst draft and that’s saying something. 

He could draft a first rounder. DJ might pull through. If you want to go back, remember this is the guy who hasn’t drafted or built a winning team in his last 5 draft/roster builds. 

Its a pretty concise theme around the NFL he can’t draft anything after the first round. 

Also you didn’t answer the question, which draft pick wasn’t overvalued? 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Burns perhaps, if he can bulk up this offseason. But right now he’s glass and undersized. We’ll see what he does this offseason.

I mean is he really glass? The hand injury which really wrecked his season was self inflicted not a football related injury, so the shoulder or whatever probably was the only sign of football related injuries. I agree he need conditioning and coaching, I feel a better staff wouldn't have sidelined him or had him behind Irving most of the season. Burns is a stud in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

He could draft a first rounder. DJ might pull through. If you want to go back, remember this is the guy who hasn’t drafted or built a winning team in his last 5 draft/roster builds. 

Its a pretty concise theme around the NFL he can’t draft anything after the first round. 

But your dead on about the rest of the picks. Little was a disaster,same with Grier... I'm ok with Miller and daly tho

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

How in the world are you coming to the conclusion that draft position doesn't matter?

If you don't give me a good answer then you are messing with me.

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean is he really glass? The hand injury which really wrecked his season was self inflicted not a football related injury, so the shoulder or whatever probably was the only sign of football related injuries. I agree he need conditioning and coaching, I feel a better staff wouldn't have sidelined him or had him behind Irving most of the season. Burns is a stud in my opinion.

I mean Irving got the spot and most rightly so. The fact we didn’t run a lines defense is on the coaches. 

He punched the ground and broke his wrist and hand, dumb decision and it sidelined him for a long time. we don’t know how bad the shoulder is or what it is. Or if there are other injuries but all those aside he’s still tiny. If you see him walking off next to our trainer he looks the exact same except with pads. 

I really hope he bulks up. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Also you didn’t answer the question, which draft pick wasn’t overvalued? 

How in the hell should I know at this point? I might be able to come to some conclusion at the end of next season, or the following season, but even then it's just a fan's opinion. Hell DJ looked "overvalued" for a while, then time passed. You are messing with me.

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I mean Irving got the spot and most rightly so. The fact we didn’t run a lines defense is on the coaches. 

He punched the ground and broke his wrist and hand, dumb decision and it sidelined him for a long time. we don’t know how bad the shoulder is or what it is. Or if there are other injuries but all those aside he’s still tiny. If you see him walking off next to our trainer he looks the exact same except with pads. 

I really hope he bulks up. 

Yes that ground pound was horribly dumb. And irving was a good player.. I'm not sure he was a better pass rusher than burns tho, especially not value wise since you just spent a first rounder on the guy and he was sacking guys at a good pace. If the talent level is a push or even close you play your young guy and let him take his lumps learn and grow. Toward the end of the season he was playing less than 30% of snaps was laughable and a joke.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Hell DJ looked "overvalued" for a while, then time passed. You are messing with me.

DJ had 800~ yard last season and we’ll call it 1300 this season since he’s missing a game and a half where he would have gotten a lot of targets. 

He was valued on target. But you know the saying “Hurney can first round but get him out after that.” 

Now how about the rest of them? 

Archived