• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton exiting made up media story.. btw if you dont like the thread dont enter, I'm pieing for actual real thoughts

Matt62881

44 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no one would reasonably expect to hear anything but a corporate line from the front office anyway, so it's a moot point. 

frankly i don't expect to hear anything concrete about cam's status until after the draft. tepper is smart enough to keep teams guessing on our QB knowing it could land us picks if some desperate team thinks we're about to land their guy.

Not only that, with 3 QBs capable of being selected in the top 7 (Capable does not mean that will happen--QBs tend to rise as the draft nears), letting teams think we are taking a QB and moving ahead of us--even if they do not trade with us, they cause a player to drop. 

I see this happening.

• I see Burrow to Bengals--he should have a contract already.  How ever, when your QB's name means to dig a hole....
  • I see Tua to Miami (I even think the fish will trade up with Detroit-unless someone else does first)
  • And then I see a team like the Bolts grabbing Herbert.  Maybe a reach, but I think teams will either love or hate him.  I think Rivers is done in LA.

If that is the case, then Chase Young is also a top 5 lock--so scratch him.  That leaves only 2 other players that won't be available to us.

However, if we announce that Cam is the man--when he is having surgery that has, on average, taken nearly a year from which to fully recover---that is dumb.

That still does not dismiss the fact that the big picture on Cam is still in play--but they want to see what he can do in 2020 before deciding anything.

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

There is no proof it isn't happening either. Nobody has a clue on anything yet and for all you know Mr. Scot could be correct.

In reality, Cam has very little leverage and has to do what the Panthers want him to do.  If he doesnt play, he will still be under contract the following year.

9 minutes ago, raz said:

we've seen that before.  at first he looked good in the first half of games and then deteriorated in the 2nd half of games.  last year in his 2 games he was awful.   its easy to blame it all on the foot and fits your narrative.   i hate to say it, but if he's here we're not gonna know until late in the season if his shoulder can take it anymore.   

While true he still maintained zip and power on his balls throughout the game. Some were dimes actually and some almost went out the stadium. Thay points to foot not shoulder and hes had a year of rest on that shoulder. Not saying I want him out there throwing 40 balls a game but even at 30, that's what CMC is for, short passes aren't gonna hurt as bad. Not to mention if we get a center CMC will be running good and take more pressure off the shoulder. I'd be more worried about this if not for CMC. And mark my words Cam will be running again. Watch.

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

In reality, Cam has very little leverage and has to do what the Panthers want him to do.  If he doesnt play, he will still be under contract the following year.

I promise if it comes down to it cams out there playing hell he played on a lisfranc....a separated tendon is awful.

7 minutes ago, Kuechly&Moore said:

A healthy Cam is the fastest way back to contention..... but all this conjuncture right now... its simply overly emotional Cam love/hate. 

We do not know yet. 

I just think odds are in favor of Cam being the guy...especially with rhule coming in...he didn't even want to leave Baylor. Cam and Derrick brown along with leki and a center and we are more then back in contention. From what I'm researching this draft is deep with interior lineman.

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I just think odds are in favor of Cam being the guy...especially with rhule coming in...he didn't even want to leave Baylor. Cam and Derrick brown along with leki and a center and we are more then back in contention. From what I'm researching this draft is deep with interior lineman.

It comes down to his health IMO has he regained even 90% of his famed arm strength? I'm less concerned with the foot it just takes time.

4 minutes ago, Kuechly&Moore said:

It comes down to his health IMO has he regained even 90% of his famed arm strength? I'm less concerned with the foot it just takes time.

Go back and watch early 18 or the two games this year. His balls had zip he was just controlling the power better.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It was never a case of wanting to get rid of Newton. Nobody wanted that.

It was, and may still be, a case of Newton wanting a commitment (via extension) that the team isn't willing to give.

They'd be fine with him playing out the final year of his contract, but Newton (or more specifically his representation) might not be.

So either Newton has to agree to play out a year with no guarantees (risky for him) or the Panthers have to agree to some sort of extension with guarantees (risky for them).

Basically, relationship status equals "it's complicated".

Characterizing that as "wanting to move on from him" is dumb, but that's where some have gone with it.

I do mostly agree, although I do think there were a few here that wanted to get rid of Newton injury or no injury.  Fortunately, they have no say in the matter.  

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Go back and watch early 18 or the two games this year. His balls had zip he was just controlling the power better.

I think you may be right that combined with not trying to trigger the foot.... If hes good to go I'm Praying for Andrew Thomas and Creed Humpfrey in the draft.....

Thomas-Moton-Humphrey-Turner-(winner of Daley/Little) its not the flashiest but damn that would improve a lot.

6 minutes ago, Kuechly&Moore said:

I think you may be right that combined with not trying to trigger the foot.... If hes good to go I'm Praying for Andrew Thomas and Creed Humpfrey in the draft.....

Thomas-Moton-Humphrey-Turner-(winner of Daley/Little) its not the flashiest but damn that would improve a lot.

I agree except I'm 1. derrick brown 2. Probably the best center or comparable in the draft because where we are picking. Then 3. Leti. And 4. One of the better lgs in the draft. This addresses the run issues and protection problems. Research the lineman and you will see they are deep. We easily get a good lg in the 4th. Excuse my grammar, I feel like I've wrote a book this morning but I'm enjoying the good convo.

Archived