• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Orleans is now ON NOTICE!!!!!!!

Zod

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

God I enjoy the enthusiasm around here. If only for one week, we can believe again. The Saints are very good, but this game sets up as much as a trap as any in a long time:

Panthers 23

Saints 21

Wow great insight. We play the Bucs and the Rams after you; so please tell me how this is a trap game? I guess we are looking ahead to those 2 powerhouses?

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

How'd that work out last year?

I'll take my QB with 5,000 yards and take my chances. Oh yeah, I'll also take the 4th best running game in the NFL along with 2nd best passing attack. We actually rank ahead of you in rushing...I was shocked to see that.

I'll take my QB with 5,000 yards and take my chances. Oh yeah, I'll also take the 4th best running game in the NFL along with 2nd best passing attack. We actually rank ahead of you in rushing...I was shocked to see that.

If you actually think New Orleans has a better running attack than the Panthers, you are fooling yourself. And I say that with great respect for your running game.

A team like New Orleans is able to run successfully because defenses can't load up entirely on the run. Not to mention they've had a few games where they've taken early leads and can afford to run the rest of the way.

Our offensive coordinator, for whatever reason, has decided in several games to pass far more than run. Buffalo was a prime example.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

If you actually think New Orleans has a better running attack than the Panthers, you are fooling yourself. And I say that with great respect for your running game.

A team like New Orleans is able to run successfully because defenses can't load up entirely on the run. Not to mention they've had a few games where they've taken early leads and can afford to run the rest of the way.

Our offensive coordinator, for whatever reason, has decided in several games to pass far more than run. Buffalo was a prime example.

When did I say that I thought we had a better rushing attack? Do you need me to look up the definition of 'shocked'? I was shocked to see that we were statically better than you in the run. Now even you have to admit, that Brees opens up the run game when he's on and we become very difficult to defend. You guys don't have that luxury. Your running game never opens up b/c of the pass...if it did, wow would those two eat up some yards.

How did that how powered offense do last year....0-2. Let's face it....some teams just beat other teams. Doesn't matter how good one is one year vs. the next. There is plenty of reason to believe Delhomme could be 9-2 after next Sunday.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

How did that how powered offense do last year....0-2. Let's face it....some teams just beat other teams. Doesn't matter how good one is one year vs. the next. There is plenty of reason to believe Delhomme could be 9-2 after next Sunday.

That's what makes this game so intriguing. You have had our number, no doubt. Is the tide about to turn? We'll see on Sunday. You guys win, you are right back in it and it will shake us. We win and this train won't stop. Big game; bigger than most people think.

When did I say that I thought we had a better rushing attack? Do you need me to look up the definition of 'shocked'? I was shocked to see that we were statically better than you in the run. Now even you have to admit, that Brees opens up the run game when he's on and we become very difficult to defend. You guys don't have that luxury. Your running game never opens up b/c of the pass...if it did, wow would those two eat up some yards.

No doubt at all. I think we have to establish something of a passing game if we want to have any shot at beating New Orleans (or winning many games in the future, for that matter).

I'm just saying, if our defense plays like it did yesterday against what was supposed to be another legitimate passing offense, then we could put up a pretty good fight.

Archived