• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Five left and right tackles 2020

raleigh-panther

With a team like we have, with soooo many needs, conventional wisdom would be to trade down and pick up add'l picks.

So, I will go ahead and call it, we trade down with Indy so they can get Hebert.  At 13, we take either Wirfs or AJ Epenesa.  High motor athletic guys for the oline or dline.  Then, we get the 44th pick from Indy

With the number of college left tackles that struggle to ever make the transition to the NFL, people want to draft a right tackle like Wirfs and hope he can do it seamlessly? The 7th pick is not the time to take a chance. You need a surefire day 1 starter. If Thomas isn't available, better move on to Brown, Simmons, Okudah, BPA

6 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

With the number of college left tackles that struggle to ever make the transition to the NFL, people want to draft a right tackle like Wirfs and hope he can do it seamlessly? The 7th pick is not the time to take a chance. You need a surefire day 1 starter. If Thomas isn't available, better move on to Brown, Simmons, Okudah, BPA

At 7 I want a once in a decade player, period. We wont get another top 10 pick for a long time I dont believe. 

On 1/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, Rags said:

As of this post, Anthony Thomas is the only one that's worthy of a top 10 pick, if he's off the board it'd be a reach (even if the pick works out for us) to take the other tackles that are expected to go in top 16, esp with how there's some real high quality players that should be available.

Wills is the better all around player and if we go OL he should be the pick.

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Wills is the better all around player and if we go OL he should be the pick.

Haven't looked into Wills much but I'm always hesitant on the codntioning and health of Alabamas o-linemen. 

I think Thomas is actually one of the safer picks at OT we've seen in a few years. You can make the argument that he played on an all star line, but even then there were quite a few individual moments where he shined. 

29 minutes ago, Rags said:

Haven't looked into Wills much but I'm always hesitant on the codntioning and health of Alabamas o-linemen. 

I think Thomas is actually one of the safer picks at OT we've seen in a few years. You can make the argument that he played on an all star line, but even then there were quite a few individual moments where he shined. 

Well Wills is a little better in pass pro but both guys would obviously help our OL big time.  Will the Little pick (and ego) keep Hurney from taking them?

Archived