• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Five left and right tackles 2020

raleigh-panther

Wirfs is still my guy and think he translates to the LT spot at the NFL level with ease. More athletic than Thomas or Wills.

Nice to see the "other guys" since it's been well documented that Thomas/Wills/Wirfs are all going top-15. If we go Brown or Simmons at 7, good to see who could be gotten with our 2nd round pick.

As of this post, Anthony Thomas is the only one that's worthy of a top 10 pick, if he's off the board it'd be a reach (even if the pick works out for us) to take the other tackles that are expected to go in top 16, esp with how there's some real high quality players that should be available.

6 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Probably will be going lb now but just sharing this write up 

http://withthefirstpick.com/2020/01/16/2020-nfl-draft-kinnans-top-5-offensive-tackles-season-ends/

Luke and Cam discussions aren’t depressing so something different 

We should draft the best one, and then draft the rest.  At least 2 of them have to pan out.

5 hours ago, Captroop said:

I have a religious objection to slideshows, so please don't insult my faith and give us the gist.

True story: 

Every time I’ve ever filled out my availability for a restaurant job (where Sunday availability is a big deal most places) on Sunday I always write Discuss.

When they asked me what needed to be discussed about Sundays I would explain that I have very strong religious beliefs and won’t work on holy days. Then I’d always add: My religion is football.

I can see us taking Thomas at 7 and using him as a solid run blocker and blindside protector of our QB.

I can also see a trade down, say to 12, the pick up Wirfs, who might, with coaching, translate to the left side.  Reports are that his lateral movement is not so good at the moment.  But, he is one of the most athletic right tackles I have seen in years.  Can you imagine getting this guy out in space ahead of CMC on a screen play?  Just being able to run a screen in Carolina has me salivating

7 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Probably will be going lb now but just sharing this write up 

http://withthefirstpick.com/2020/01/16/2020-nfl-draft-kinnans-top-5-offensive-tackles-season-ends/

Luke and Cam discussions aren’t depressing so something different 

I honestly don't think loosing Luke changes their original strategy as they probably have known it was coming. I think they have confidence in shaq to get it done or they wouldn't have paid him so much. 

Just now, GoPanthers123 said:

I would grab several OTs just playing the odds that one of them will work out.

This is how I think you find a good OT, same as I feel about a QB. We dont know what we have in little yet so I'd like to give him another year and if hes really bad then we can restart stocking tackles next year until one works. Until then vet stop gap LTs could be a yearly thing if we want our QB protected. 

Archived