• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whether we want to keep Cam or not...

blueandblackattack

4 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Okay, but this year we paid Cam 20 million and KK the 18 you say we can’t afford to pay CMC. The additional 10 million can easily be created by cutting dead weight non performing players along the way like..KK, or Trai Turner, or Paradis.

Don’t worry, it can be done without putting the team in cap hell. Tbh though, I’m not sure you’re asking the right question. I think the thing we maybe ought to be asking ourselves is whether it’s worth paying any back, even one as good as CMC, big money. It’s arguably the most fungible position in football and while CMC does have a unique skill set, some have made the argument that running backs just do not impact the game the way they once did, and matter little for anything but fantasy football.

CMCs skill set has hardly been utilized by Rivera. Brady is NOT going to run him up the middle constantly. He will maximize his skills and CMC will be worth every penny.

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Who says we have to run RPO?   Even if we keep Cam I’d like to see us run less of it. He’s capable of doing that. 

One of the biggest things I blame Ron for is abandoning the offensive path we were on when Cam was a rookie. We had Cam behind center in singleback and i formations. Our passing game dynamic.  But Ron decided to go for the quickest route to success and over use the RPO because he had a monster in Cam. 

Now Cams beat up because of it and our passing game only consists of screen, RPO, or play action.

Nobody:

Also ,all clueless Panther fans : "Me MaD AT PanTherZ foR cuTTiNg RoN, hE WAS GreaTeSt CoaCh of ALL TiMe!"

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Playing behind the Panthers 2019 sorry,make shift OL, it would have made it impossible to carry the team

Fumbling the ball away and throwing interceptions in the red zone will also make it impossible to win.  Kyle "Butter Fingers" Allen had plenty of blame to be placed on himself.  Those games he won at first were nothing more than a fluke.  He could have easily fumbled those games away as well but got lucky, then defenses figured him out and it was OVER from there.  He had very brief moments of greatness but every NFL caliber QB on practice squads will have that from time to time.  Meanwhile, CMC did everything he could while the rest of the offense was incompetent to the tune of THIRD all time in scrimmage yards.  CMC would have won games nearly on his own if the rest off the offense did just above average.  

Given that CMC gives you the versatility and durability of 2 players, both a star running back and a dynamic receiver  given he plays virtually 90+ % of the time and hasn't gotten hurt or dropped off despite the usage, the question is whether collectively he would be worth  18 million  or 9 million a position. Would you give a back 9 million to get 1300 yards.  Would you give 9 million for a 1000 yard receiver?  What would you pay for someone who can do both and only cost you one of your 46 precious roster spots. So is18 million ridiculous or a bargain.?

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Given that CMC gives you the versatility and durability of 2 players, both a star running back and a dynamic receiver  given he plays virtually 90+ % of the time and hasn't gotten hurt or dropped off despite the usage, the question is whether collectively he would be worth  18 million  or 9 million a position. Would you give a back 9 million to get 1300 yards.  Would you give 9 million for a 1000 yard receiver?  What would you pay for someone who can do both and only cost you one of your 46 precious roster spots. So is18 million ridiculous or a bargain.?

I believe he's worth that per year for 5 years.  

Archived