• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team hosting DE Chris Smith (Update: SIGNED 1 year deal)

Untouchable

In a major overhaul and rebuild, expect Panthers management to execute their own version of 'Moneyball'.  There will a lot of tire-kicking on players that can be had on cheap contracts, that management hopes will outperform their contracts.

There is going to be tons of bargain shopping this year with alot of 1 year deals. Get through the season let that dead money decrease and CAP space increase and shooting for actual rebuild next year.  This year is going to be a wash. 

3 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

There is going to be tons of bargain shopping this year with alot of 1 year deals. Get through the season let that dead money decrease and CAP space increase and shooting for actual rebuild next year.  This year is going to be a wash. 

This is what I expected to happen when the rebuild was first brought up by Tepper.  This would be the logical process to follow but with the current brain trust I'm having a hard time following what the process actually is.

41 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is what I expected to happen when the rebuild was first brought up by Tepper.  This would be the logical process to follow but with the current brain trust I'm having a hard time following what the process actually is.

It took me a while to connect the dots and realize that 'analytics' = 'Moneyball'.  At least in the area of cap management.  YMMV.

Archived