• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

We went hiking last weekend at Catawba Falls.  We only saw 2 other people the entire time.  It was much needed.  We're probably going to go again soon.

I don't judge anybody that feels the need to get outside during this time... being stuck in the house with 2 kids under 4 years old wears on you, and there is a serious psychological effect to all of this.

Many of the people I see banging the "STAY INSIDE" drum are single people, or people without kids.  People that can, say, smoke pot and play video games.  In a past life, quarantine would have been awesome to me.  Not anymore.

Just be safe... keep away from other people, and don't be stupid.  If you show up and it's packed... leave.  Go somewhere else.

50 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I've heard local law enforcement is going to begin pulling people over and inquiring about residency, property ownership or business

Well if they don’t have anything to hide they don’t have anything to worry about! :thinking:

20 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Just be safe... keep away from other people, and don't be stupid.  If you show up and it's packed... leave.  Go somewhere else.

I’m sure when you show up somewhere, people can’t wait to go somewhere else 

17 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Many of the people I see banging the "STAY INSIDE" drum are single people, or people without kids.  People that can, say, smoke pot and play video games.  In a past life, quarantine would have been awesome to me.  Not anymore.

I'm trying to stagger out my home projects so I don't run out of things to do. And while we don't have any kids, spending that much time with my wife can be just as trying as kids. This weekend I cleaned up my shop, took apart the grill and cleaned all the pieces and parts; washed, waxed and detailed the Jeep; 3 loads of laundry, watched Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals (Spurs over Nets- David Robinson's final game), 1996 NFL Playoffs (Carolina over Dallas 26-17), and the Hurricanes sweeping the Islanders last year in Raleigh (watched it even though I was at the game).

Thankfully, we're both still working every day, otherwise I'd probably be half bonkers by now.

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm trying to stagger out my home projects so I don't run out of things to do. And while we don't have any kids, spending that much time with my wife can be just as trying as kids. This weekend I cleaned up my shop, took apart the grill and cleaned all the pieces and parts; washed, waxed and detailed the Jeep; 3 loads of laundry, watched Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals (Spurs over Nets- David Robinson's final game), 1996 NFL Playoffs (Carolina over Dallas 26-17), and the Hurricanes sweeping the Islanders last year in Raleigh (watched it even though I was at the game).

Thankfully, we're both still working every day, otherwise I'd probably be half bonkers by now.

Lowe’s is having a mulch sell if you want some. Essential employees. 

Just now, 4Corners said:

Lowe’s is having a mulch sell if you want some. Essential employees. 

I switched to pine straw 2 seasons ago- lasts longer. And my lawn guy hauls it in and puts it down for me.

And I'll guarantee Lowe's has been putting up some sales numbers the last 2 weeks.....

I was real fortunate early last week and got me a 20 pack of mega rolls of TP... will last at least 4 months because I live alone... still not been able to find any sanitizing products.. but instead just use bleach with water.. baby wipes and rubbing alcohol make for good wipes too.. just gotta improvise.

2 hours ago, Toolbox said:

I was real fortunate early last week and got me a 20 pack of mega rolls of TP... will last at least 4 months because I live alone... still not been able to find any sanitizing products.. but instead just use bleach with water.. baby wipes and rubbing alcohol make for good wipes too.. just gotta improvise.

Bleach is just about the best for killing any virus.  

9 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

We went hiking last weekend at Catawba Falls.  We only saw 2 other people the entire time.  It was much needed.  We're probably going to go again soon.

I don't judge anybody that feels the need to get outside during this time... being stuck in the house with 2 kids under 4 years old wears on you, and there is a serious psychological effect to all of this.

Archived