• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

7 minutes ago, Rockahype said:

It's not fair to say its his 6th season.

A lot fairer to judge a guy as an NFL player after 5 NFL seasons than it is to judge a guy who hasn't played in an NFL game yet.

Hint: Guys who are on their 3rd team in six years generally aren't very good.

If we don't draft a QB then the coaching staff is fine with mediocrity. Otherwise they would take immediate action to bring in a potential franchise QB. We could have just kept going with Ron if we're going for the middle of the pack. Why fire Ron to have a team led by TB? We need to improve to become a dominant team, and that comes from the QB is this passing league. Passing is everything and a great can't be stopped more often than not. Just look at the SB game. SF had a near pro bowl defense, but once KC decided to air it out SF was finished. Win through the air, and that's not TB. Who the hell wants to spend 7 years building a SF type team just to lose to a team led by a great QB. Not me. Go get a QB.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot fairer to judge a guy as an NFL player after 5 NFL seasons than it is to judge a guy who hasn't played in an NFL game yet.

Clearly the experts with the cash have an opinion diametrically opposed to yours.

Question, are you pulling for Teddy to fail?

1 minute ago, RASTAN66 said:

Clearly the experts with the cash have an opinion diametrically opposed to yours.

Question, are you pulling for Teddy to fail?

I rather have Teddy competing with Tua for the #1 job for the next 3 seasons than Teddy competing with a XFL QB and Will Grier. No one is pulling for Teddy to fail. You’re only as good as your 53rd player. 

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Herbert looks to have climbed out of reach so Tua, Love would be good to start the rebuild as a franchise.

Love at 6'4" with a strong arm fits the NFL profile though, that and injury are only reasons I've got him above Tua.

I think that Herbert will be the 2nd QB off the board. Love has the size and a strong arm but Tua played in the SEC. 

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't believe I have ever, in my extensive time on the Huddle, passed judgement on a single player before seeing them play in the NFL. You are welcome to check all of my 243 very high quality posts though!  :tongue:

And I get what you are saying, the odds are low, but the Saints felt he was good enough to give up a 3rd round pick. This after a horrific potential career ending injury and almost zero play time to evaluate.

I want TB to do as well as he can fro our team. His ceiling is decent game manager. I want a QB whose ceiling is terrific franchise QB because that will get us to a SB win. Otherwise how are we going to win the SB with Teddy? Build a monstrous dominate defense and great o-line with offensive weapons? SF just tried that, and a great QB sent them home. And SF can't keep all of that talent. They're going to go downhill because you can't keep a team with all that talent for long. You can keep a great QB for 20+ years. That path is obvious.  

17 minutes ago, MMA said:

I rather have Teddy competing with Tua for the #1 job for the next 3 seasons than Teddy competing with a XFL QB and Will Grier. No one is pulling for Teddy to fail. You’re only as good as your 53rd player. 

Is the scenario you describe realistic?  What odds would you place on a QB competition between Teddy and Tua?

I'd say the chances are exactly 0%.

Why do folks burn so much time and energy on "I wish" and "I'd rather" scenarios that have 0% chance of coming to fruition?

PS...it's perfectly clear a number of folks are absolutely pining for Teddy to fall flat on his face.  They will end up eating a whole heapin' helpin' of crow!

Archived