• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-Line vs Secondary

AU-panther

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

The guy barely had double digit sacks in 4 years and now you guys are calling for him to do that in one season????? In the NFL vs. Better blockers????? OK I'm done here..  

Also better teammates but I don't see him getting double digit sacks, pressures are fine and anything around 5 sacks is a bonus. How many DTs actually get double digit sacks? Even 3 techs rarely pull 10 plus unless your name is Aaron Donald 

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

The guy barely had double digit sacks in 4 years and now you guys are calling for him to do that in one season????? In the NFL vs. Better blockers????? OK I'm done here..  

He may not get sacks, but does create pressure. Him teamed up with KK will be amazing.  

13 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Thankfully. I didnt say hed have double digit sacks. If he gets 5 a year as a pure "run stuffer" that would be great right? Especially if hes freeing up kk to wreak havoc. Kinlaw and kk are redundant. Id prefer a guy who is a far better  version of Star to compliment kk. Seems like that duo worked pretty well. 

Or how about offense ? This is an offensive team , rhule and Brady are both focused on scoring more then their defendants . We can get a solid line backer in the 3rd it’s a dying position , we can get a decent dt in the later rounds as well and people think it’s our biggest need but forget that we lost kk short last year , with a top 10 pick you need a game changer and Simmons and brown aren’t game changers a game changer is Christian McCaffrey that worked wonders in 2017 when a lot of you fools wanted Jonathan Allen or Malik hooker or Derek Barnett where y’all at now ?  Y’all called me stupid for wanting mccaffrey which was one of the best college offensive talents , what are the jonathan Allen’s doing now huh ? Get Jerry jeudy or lamb they will make our offense elite , you add to a strength to become elite , you think the falcons needed Julio when they had roddy white no but it made that team elite same with the saints getting kamara when they had Ingram . Get a play maker and make this team elite !!!!! We 

Do some of you not realize sometimes pressure is just as good as a sack? Brown is going to create a ton of pressures especially if they don't double him. Pressures lead to interceptions. The best qbs in the league have a problem when them middle of the pocket collapses. He's also going to get stronger with a NFL workout regime. 

1 hour ago, Valentino said:

Or how about offense ? This is an offensive team , rhule and Brady are both focused on scoring more then their defendants . We can get a solid line backer in the 3rd it’s a dying position , we can get a decent dt in the later rounds as well and people think it’s our biggest need but forget that we lost kk short last year , with a top 10 pick you need a game changer and Simmons and brown aren’t game changers a game changer is Christian McCaffrey that worked wonders in 2017 when a lot of you fools wanted Jonathan Allen or Malik hooker or Derek Barnett where y’all at now ?  Y’all called me stupid for wanting mccaffrey which was one of the best college offensive talents , what are the jonathan Allen’s doing now huh ? Get Jerry jeudy or lamb they will make our offense elite , you add to a strength to become elite , you think the falcons needed Julio when they had roddy white no but it made that team elite same with the saints getting kamara when they had Ingram . Get a play maker and make this team elite !!!!! We 

I like Juedy... but the same logic you applied.. there are plenty of elite wrs you can get through this draft. Its the deepest position in it. While I wish we could get him, from the sound of the interviews and such it sounds like they plan to lean heavily on defense. Which is why they signed robby, okung and Roberts. 

Not against it its just based off how it looks.

4 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

If we get Brown watch KK rack up the sacks like when star was here, Shaq to be sideline to sideline making tackles for a loss, and PA not working worth a poo because they can't run on us. The value Brown brings is too much too pass. 

The Panthers were best defensively when they could pressure the QB with 4 d-linemen.

Tom Brady, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees. Middle pressure is how you disrupt THESE QBs. You have to win the division before anything else. 

Archived