• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg little and offensive line?

rmoneyg35

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

Don't know about great, but he improved.  The coaching staff showed they had some confidence in him.  He will sit once Okung is ready, but could be a good player by next season.  

Check above your reply DDII, I hope Little turns out to be a legit NFL player. Especially with panthers needing 5 need starters come next year. Hes 22 years old and posters have already labeled him a bust. That was one of the biggest improvements in play form week-to-week Ive seen. 

38 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Check above your reply DDII, I hope Little turns out to be a legit NFL player. Especially with panthers needing 5 need starters come next year. Hes 22 years old and posters have already labeled him a bust. That was one of the biggest improvements in play form week-to-week Ive seen. 

I rarely pay attention to player assessments I see here.  To many get something in their head and they refuse to let go of it.  I suppose that is human nature though.  

IMO, while the great ones do well regardless, some players require the right coaches and right players around them to thrive.  This is true even of first round picks. While not a first round pick, Little could be one of those guys.  Or he could be a bust.  But the only thing certain at this point is that it is to early to tell.  

Good article from Arizona.  

https://www.arizonaherald.com/news/266609556/the-day-after-greg-little-gaining-confidence-with-strong-play

He and (offensive line coach Pat) Meyer have really helped me with my hands," Little said. "That's one thing I feel like I've gotten better at, and I needed to get better at. They've been a big help, supporting me the whole time."

A 2019 second-round pick, Little started three games as a rookie but battled through injuries most of the season. He was placed on injured reserve in December.

But Rhule has consistently praised Little since the start of training camp, highlighting his progress throughout. Now Little has displayed that in the last two weeks against some of the league's best pass rushers in Los Angeles' Joey Bosa and Arizona's Chandler Jones.

"It was kinda funny, seeing Chandler Jones line across the ball and hearing I had a one-on-one call, I was like, 'OK, that means they have a lot of confidence in me to get the job done, so I can't let them down,'" Little said.

Though Bosa had a sack against the Panthers, he recorded it when Little wasn't in the game. Carolina shut out Jones on Sunday, and he had only one quarterback hit.

24 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I rarely pay attention to player assessments I see here.  To many get something in their head and they refuse to let go of it.  I suppose that is human nature though.  

IMO, some players require the right coaches and right players around them to thrive.  This is true even of first round picks.  Little could be one of those guys.  Or he could be a bust.  But the only thing certain at this point is that it is to early to tell.  

No one wants to make a statement and be wrong. They will refuse, delay, and ignore. One reason is people will bring that wrong statement up form now until the end of time. Poor Zod still gets heat form saying Terrell McClain will be a probowler. Luckily thats not me, never understood that way of thinking. When making a statement, you could be incorrect in the future, just facts. Plus people only remember the wrong statements too. You could make 10 correct predictions and 1 wrong, they will only talk about that wrong one. Another rule I do in never judge rookies until after the second off-season activities. Still not ready to call Little a bust and glad he bounced back.   

14 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

This is what I need to see more of.

Little has looked like a fish out of water, but he looked markedly better in week 4. I haven't gotten to watch all of his most recent snaps yet, but he could have rode the pine and put out better film than he did during week 3.

Super antsy about Little & Daley developing along with retaining Moton. If those three things can happen, there won't be nearly the disruption to the offense as anticipated next season.

Archived