• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Joey Slye get a Panther reference tattoo?

JABANOG

1 hour ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I think it’s a tribute to his late brother. He’s already got 2 for him but I believe that it might be the moment he fulfilled his promise to him that he would kick in the nfl.

It's something like this. I thought it was his boy from high school not his brother but i can’t remember exactly what he told me. It's 100% a tribute though 

https://www.panthers.com/news/swole-kicker-joey-slye-inches-closer-to-fulfilling-promise-made-to-late-brother

The Buccaneers didn't want the kicker after a rookie minicamp tryout last summer. Neither did the Browns. Then after spending all of last season away from football, Slye got a chance with the Giants in May. He was cut a week later. The Giants called again on the eve of training camp last month. He was cut four days later.

So why keep going?

"I promised my brother, who passed away in 2014, that I would make it," Slye explained after making field goals of 29, 42 and 55 yards in the Panthers' preseason-opening win over the Bears.

If you were watching closely, you might have seen Slye hold up six fingers after each of his makes. 6 is the number AJ Slye wore in high school before heading to play linebacker at Salisbury University.

"He came home after his first semester and was diagnosed with leukemia. He then passed away 14 months later," said Joey Slye, who has two tattoos on his back. One represents the Slyestrong#6 Foundation. The other is the tattoo AJ Slye was supposed to get when he beat cancer.

On 11/10/2020 at 10:02 PM, Mister said:

that techno viking looking field goal missing pleb has got to go he cost us atleast 3 games this year if not more , as bad as gano was he looks like a god compared to sliding slye 

I mean, yeah, on two of those occasions, we were only asking him to make NFL record distance field goals. Easy as pie, right? Sheesh.

Archived