• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Edwards: Yeah, I would prefer to play football. It's my passion.

39 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

He sounds really immature there.  Hope he goes at 1 atp.  Wiseman at 2 as well.  I think Wiseman will end up being very pedestrian in the NBA.  Really worries me that he has not been challenged by people his size yet.  How is he going to respond to that?  He has a long way to go development wise IMO.

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He sounds really immature there.  Hope he goes at 1 atp.  Wiseman at 2 as well.  I think Wiseman will end up being very pedestrian in the NBA.  Really worries me that he has not been challenged by people his size yet.  How is he going to respond to that?  He has a long way to go development wise IMO.

I'm good with Weisman or LaMelo at this point. Edwards work ethic sounds awful. 

He must be watching old film of the NFL if he thinks you can do whatever you want and not get fined lol.

I’m working on a theory. It could be complete nonsense...but, when I see a picture of his face I have the same reaction that I had to Kelvin Benjamin: chubby, feminine. Does chubby face warn of work ethic issues?

12 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He must be watching old film of the NFL if he thinks you can do whatever you want and not get fined lol.

I’m working on a theory. It could be complete nonsense...but, when I see a picture of his face I have the same reaction that I had to Kelvin Benjamin: chubby, feminine. Does chubby face warn of work ethic issues?

Big Ben seems to work pretty hard...

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Honestly, I was most excited about Edwards before seeing this. This is a HUGE red flag to me. I wouldn't touch him now, I hope he goes before us. Not a fan of Ball either so I guess it's Wiseman or bust for me...

It's why I turned my " ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT" pick from Wiseman to Edwards as the pre-draft process unfolded.  I watched some interviews and more of his games/highlights, and it all just seemed uninspired.  All these guys are risky at the top of this draft, but if Wiseman or Ball don't develop to their potential, you still have something there because of the size and athleticism in Wiseman's case, and the playmaking, size at his position for Ball.  But with Edwards, the floor is way, way lower...  and now he's even admitting he doesn't love the game essentially?  No thanks.  And I wasn't all that impressed with his on-court abilities either.

But, as I've said all along, I want Melo...  I really hope we can get him.

36 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It's why I turned my " ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT" pick from Wiseman to Edwards as the pre-draft process unfolded.  I watched some interviews and more of his games/highlights, and it all just seemed uninspired.  All these guys are risky at the top of this draft, but if Wiseman or Ball don't develop to their potential, you still have something there because of the size and athleticism in Wiseman's case, and the playmaking, size at his position for Ball.  But with Edwards, the floor is way, way lower...  and now he's even admitting he doesn't love the game essentially?  No thanks.  And I wasn't all that impressed with his on-court abilities either.

But, as I've said all along, I want Melo...  I really hope we can get him.

I'll try to trust Mitch and will be excited regardless of the pick but yeah I agree with you. I'm very skeptical about Ball but there's no doubt he has a ton of talent and potential. If Edwards had the mindset, which it seems he doesn't, I think he'd become an elite SG like a Wade and would be huge to have to build around, but I think he's more likely to bust the more I read about him... Wiseman solid but has concerns as well. Not a great draft at all to have a top 3 pick in.

Archived