• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we really getting anything out of Derrick Brown?!?!?!

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

For a dlineman his 3 cone is more concerning, That said he's a rookie... and he's far from a bust so far it's a bit premature is all I'm saying.

Agreed. And its definitely not about 40 like al Davis would say but its a factor. I personally prefer the athlete web.D0sbvvgVAAEsT7Y.thumb.jpg.b9580bce8c16ae57c03f85942c0fd877.jpgthis is d.k Metcalf which isn't fair to use when talking about brown but same rule of thumb applies. The bigger the web the better the athlete. The sparq score helps measure the web and what percentile their in as far as their score. Every draft pick is a gamble but my feeling is if you gotta gamble  gamble on athletes. The mote athletic a player is the more tools he has to work with and the better chance they have a winning their individual battles. Technique can only get you so far...

Look at our best players, cmc, Moore, samuel, I think moton had a good web,burns, dontae jackson and so on. They all are superior athletes. All im saying is more of that. Numbers in college can be misleading. Look at traits, Not college statistics...

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

This is bs. Where have these 17 pressures come from? Has anyone seen him jusr collapsing the pocket in the middle of the field? I haven't seen him particularly close to any sacks infact, on most passing downs it seems he isn't even in the game and they bring obada in to rush from his postion.. what constitutes a pressure? Taking a step past the line of scrimmage?

He literally just chased Stafford to the sideline

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Agreed. And its definitely not about 40 like al Davis would say but its a factor. I personally prefer the athlete web.D0sbvvgVAAEsT7Y.thumb.jpg.b9580bce8c16ae57c03f85942c0fd877.jpgthis is d.k Metcalf which isn't fair to use when talking about brown but same rule of thumb applies. The bigger the web the better the athlete. The sparq score helps measure the web and what percentile their in as far as their score. Every draft pick is a gamble but my feeling is if you gotta gamble  gamble on athletes. The mote athletic a player is the more tools he has to work with and the better chance they have a winning their individual battles. Technique can only get you so far...

Look at our best players, cmc, Moore, samuel, I think moton had a good web,burns, dontae jackson and so on. They all are superior athletes. All im saying is more of that. Numbers in college can be misleading. Look at traits, Not college statistics...

Not all great athletes are great players and vise versa, there are certainly exceptions both ways... Bruce Campbell OT was probably the most athletic OT ever but was terrible.... you still have to be a good football player...  Browns ceiling certainly isn't Aaron Donald or Sapp. 

I think he could develop into a Haynesworth (when he put in effort) or Jenkins type DT.

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Not all great athletes are great players and vise versa, there are certainly exceptions both ways... Bruce Campbell OT was probably the most athletic OT ever but was terrible.... you still have to be a good football player...  Browns ceiling certainly isn't Aaron Donald or Sapp. 

I think he could develop into a Haynesworth (when he put in effort) or Jenkins type DT.

Agreed... some people are just good athletes... you have to kind of find a balance. I tell you what tho. Look at the best players in the league and point out which ones aren't superior athletes... thats why I say if u have to gamble gamble on athletes... not saying u will hit on ever guy that runs a fast 40 at all. They have to be able to actually play football as well.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean I hope we see that more but don't you think him not being in on a lot of passing downs is concerning? They seem to like efa there...

No, I'm not concerned about that and honestly haven't even noticed it assuming you're correct. Everyone knew Brown's pass rushing needed refinement. He's ahead of schedule in that department. Don't expect Aaron Donald. Very different players. Expect prime Kris Jenkins.

20 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Vernon Butler filled that damn thing out.

also lmao at Metcalf on the 3 cone drill. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

I said no draft technique is perfect... this is just a personal preference of my own. Like I said you have to actually have to be able to play football. Numbers and athletic ability a pretty good indicator.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I'm not concerned about that and honestly haven't even noticed it assuming you're correct. Everyone knew Brown's pass rushing needed refinement. He's ahead of schedule in that department. Don't expect Aaron Donald. Very different players. Expect prime Kris Jenkins.

How can you speak on it if your not even watching? I'm assuming your watching the defensive line as we discussed this..

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Its basic common sense to me. In a battle of on one's the better athlete usually wins... thats assuming they are equal like on just basic football knowledge. If a guy is faster stronger more explosive than you are, you can do all the technique and whatever you know in the book but ability you can't teach. Thats all im saying.

Archived