• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Fox is gone next year Do we keep Davidson?

Snake

Dose Davidson stay or go?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Dose Davidson stay or go?

• Sure lets keep him.
    • NO, we need to start fresh.
    • Depends on the Coach.
    • Destroy all that is Fox. The Dark side must go...

Dose everyone like his play calling or do you think we should start out fresh?

When Davidson first arrived, I was really excited b/c of his background with Charlie Weis in NE. He said he wanted to design an offense that, while based on the running game, would be versatile enough to keep us from being so predictable. He wanted to be able to run the ball out of multiple sets and develop the passing game more to keep opposing defense off-guard. Not his exact words, but that was what I took from his first interview after he was hired. However, we all know what has happened under Fox's ultra conservative philosophy and Jake's increasingly declining skills (which were slightly above average to begin with). I suspect these are the real culprits for our offensive woes, since we were dealing with the same thing when Henning was the OC.

With all of that said, I'm a litle undecided. One the one hand, I want to see what Davidson could really do without his playcalling with Fox's influence and a bonafide starting QB; on the other hand, I would't mind bringing in a frest approach to our offensvie scheme. I'm sure this will more than likely be decided if or when a new HC is in place anyway, but that's JMO.

How much does John Fox have to do with the play calling, offensive or defensive? Does Davidson and/or Meeks give Fox a few plays that he thinks would be good for the situation the team is in, and Fox chooses out of those? Or is it all Davidson? All Meeks? These questions weigh in heavily on my answer to the thread...

Archived